Thursday, March 10, 2022

HAPPY RELEASE DAY

 Good morning peeps , hope everything is going well for you this day before Friday . Today I have a new to me author and her new book  BLESSED WITH A CURSE by Katie Cherry 


                             BOOK BLURB



  From the moment of my birth, I became Zeus's number one Most Wanted.

I'm so screwed.

I'm not a bad person. In fact, I'm training to be a nurse so I can help and heal people. Not that Zeus would care about any of that if he even knew. No, all he cares about is his law- no humans are allowed to use magic. The punishment for breaking this is death- a fate I've been able to avoid by living my life in meticulous secrecy.

Until the night my magic activates on its own, releasing a gorgeous demigod from the town's statue.

I have no choice but to run, taking Nikandros with me. After days filled with terror of being caught and killed, Nik convinces me to fight for my freedom. My magic may be strong, but going up against Zeus himself? Impossible. Run or fight, it doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Thanks to this magic I've been cursed with, I will soon meet my end.


                       MY REVIEW 
    Paige is well your typical nursing student hiding a very big secret .She is magical and is hiding from Zeus . She is trying to live a normal life trying to become a nurse . She doesn't want to get on Zeus's radar because if he finds out about her magic she is dead . Everything is going along great until the night of her birthday and an ill advised trip to the town statue . She is now on the run with the man from the statue trying to not start a war with Zeus . With a lot of encouragement from the man who tells her that they are mated and its now time to take back what is theirs and destroy Zeus . Will she be able to get in touch with the magic and take down the god that wants her dead. 

  This is such a fun book to read , the characters are well written and you will love them . Paige is a young woman that is just trying to live her life . She is hiding a big secret that none of her friends know about . She is feisty and fun to be around but when she really comes into her own is when she finally lets her magic come in . Then she is fierce and non stoppable taking no prisoners . Nick is well he is just hot and sexy . He is a demigod who has been in stone for hundreds of years . When we first meet him after Paige breaks the curse he comes off as just a little naive but man he really starts to shine when he is protecting Paige and getting ready to go to battle . We get to see some really strong characters kicking some butt. 

 This is a book that you can sit down and read in an evening . The author takes us on such an adventure ride . The characters are very well written and I loved how they grew up through out the book .  I really like how she wrote Greek mythology into the story it really kept me on the edge of my seat . i did feel at the beginning of the book there were spots that kind of were drug out a bit . Over all i really enjoyed the book and can't wait to see and read other books from this author 

No comments:

Post a Comment