Monday, January 23, 2017

GOOD MONDAY ALL

 Good Monday morning all I hope you all had a great weekend . I read all weekend I found the awesome dark fantasy book and I couldn't put it down . CHILD OF THE NIGHT GUILD by Andy Peloquin.

                           BOOK BLURB
 
"They killed my parents. They took my name. They imprisoned me in darkness. I would not be broken."

Viola, a child sold to pay her father's debts, has lost everything: her mother, her home, and her identity. Thrown into a life among criminals, she has no time for grief as she endures the brutal training of an apprentice thief. The Night Guild molds an innocent waif into a cunning, agile outlaw skilled in the thieves' trade. She has only one choice: steal enough to pay her debts.

The cutthroat streets of Praamis will test her mettle, and she must learn to dodge the City Guards or swing from a hangman's rope. But a more dangerous foe lurks within the guild walls. A sadistic rival apprentice, threatened by her strength, is out for blood.

What hope does one girl have in a world of ruthless men?

                        MY REVIEW
  I got the recommendation for this book from a good friend of mine . So I dove into it this weekend . I sat down and well didn't move for most of the day. The story pulled me in and I got so caught up in Viola/ seven , I couldn't leave until I know what happened and if she survived . So let me introduce you to the city of Praamis and its NIGHT GUILD .
   Viola was only 8 when her father sold her to the Night guild to pay for his debts .  She is thrust into this world where you are no longer a person . You are stripped of your identity and molded into a crafty, cunning thief or fighter . With the mentality of steal enough to pay your debts, pay your debts you survive .
    When you meet Viola she is a carefree young girl , planting flowers in the garden with her mother .
The next time we see her , we see her mourning the loss of her mother and trying hard to be whatever her father wants to be . Until the day we see her go into the Night Guild , we start to see in new eyes . She is the only girl and the smallest one in the initiates so she has to work harder and be faster just to survive. Your heart breaks for Viola/ seven when you read what she has to go through .  I have fallen in love with this character . You feel like you are her biggest cheerleader and her mother cause all you want to do is hug her and tell her everything will be ok .
     I must say this book is not for the faint of heart . The author takes us to places where you will gasp and cry . Trust me I have shed a few tears over this character . The book will captivate you and keep you on the edge of your seat most of the book . The author has a way of engaging you and keeping you engaged through out the story . So if you want a great read that has compelling characters and an engaging story . If you like dark fantasy and edge of your seat excitement . Please check out CHILD OF THE NIGHT GUILD by Andy Peloquin

No comments:

Post a Comment