Thursday, November 9, 2023

TIME TO START THINKING BOOKS FOR CHRISTMAS

 Good morning my peeps , yes the title says it all. Time to start thinking about the book people in your life and all the books you can give them for Christmas . I do have a great series that any fun loving book lover would love. The Haven Hollow series and book 28 NEWLYWED AND PIXIE-LED  by Hp Mallory and J.R Rain 


                         BOOK BLURB 



 This town is going to be the death of me…

For a small town, you’d think being the Chief of Police would be a fairly easy gig, right?

Not on your life.

Haven Hollow is proving to be the hardest job I’ve ever had.

If I’m not dealing with bitchy faeries trying to usurp a court I have no interest in ruling, I’m dealing with a curse that’s got the whole town unable to sleep.
Right—Nyquil on Aisle 9 and stat.

If only it could be that easy.

Instead, I’m going on little to no sleep, myself, while the town is basically falling apart.
I’ve got to figure out who’s responsible for this little curse ASAP and put the kibosh on it.
Luckily, I’ve got my husband (well, in name only), Maverick, here to help me. And that relationship is proving to be its own can of worms…
I just hope I can bust some perpetrator butt, and then maybe I can turn to the issue known as ‘Taliyah’s love life,’ which I have a feeling is going to be a hell of a lot harder to fix.

                   MY REVIEW 
 Welcome back to Haven Hollow, there is something that is going on in the hollow . People are not sleeping and town is falling apart . Taliyah is trying to find out what is going on, but it is just getting weirder and weirder out there. Taliyah is running out of steam, lack of sleep is starting to take her down along with everyone else. With Maverick's help she will be able to find out who is doing this but who is going to fix the feelings she is having for husband ( in name only) and what it means to be the chief of police and the queen of winter court, which she doesn't want .  
  If it isn't one thing it is another for the people of Haven Hollow. Taliyah is trying to keep everyone safe . When people start getting hurt from the lack of sleep she is really put to the test. We get to see a more scared and worried side of Taliyah. Maverick well he is still a little prickly, with everything that has happened to him . he really doesn't trust many people . Taliyah is the one person that he trusts with his life and he feels very protective of the winter queen. When you see them together there is electricity in the air and you know they want to be with each other but their own stupid pride will let them . Poppy, Wanda and the gang are back and trying to help out the reason why they aren't sleeping . I am really feeling that these characters are family at this point in the series. 
  This is book 28 but the characters are still relatable and you feel like family with them . The authors have made such a great town in these books , you really want to be part of family. I must admit the beginning of the book was a little boring with the back story going on just a little too long . Once you get into the book you will be cheering them on and wanting to find out what is going on. I really enjoyed this story and love the characters .So if you want a fun series check it out . It would make a great christmas read 

No comments:

Post a Comment