Monday, January 15, 2024

GOOD MONDAY ALL

  Good Monday all, I hope you are all staying warm and reading some good books this cold week . Today I have for you book four  in the Misty Hollow series FANGS AND THE FURRIEST  by Hp Mallory and J.r Rain , 


                            BOOK BLURB 



  All I wanted to do was go camping.

Just to prove to myself that I could erect a tent and spend one night in the middle of BFE with only a few mosquito bites as souvenirs.

What I really wasn’t planning on was getting attacked by the biggest… wolf I’ve ever seen—not to mention the fact that wolves have no business being in Louisiana.

Fast forward to the wolf attack, and I’m now waking up to the second chapter of my middle-aged life as a vampire.

Yep, you heard me right.

Last I remembered, I was a forty-two-year-old widow with only creditors coming calling, and now I’m a blood-sucking fiend with two oversized fangs. And to make matters worse? My sire is a self-centered jerk who wants nothing to do with me.

Since I’m on a feeling-sorry-for-myself streak, might I also add that the only friend I had (one I also had a crush on) just so happens to show up in this weird outpost of civilization known as Misty Hollow?

What are the chances, right?

Well, turns out the chances are pretty good because Thorn actually isn’t human at all. In fact, he’s some sort of mystical creature called a ‘griffin’ and he’s also working for the mayor of Misty Hollow.

And let’s not even discuss the enigma that is Fox Aspen, a monster hunter sent to Misty Hollow to wrangle the wolf (turns out it’s a werewolf) that attacked me.

Fox is some kind of fae prince, and he’s also so hot he makes me go wobbly in the knees.

Wobbly knees or not, this girl needs to figure out what the heck is going on in this town, pronto, because something wicked this way is definitely coming from the swamp.

And I’m pretty sure that ‘something wicked’ is threatening my undead life…




                       MY REVIEW 

  Welcome back to Misty hollow where things aren't what you think they are and the paranormal creatures come to stay and be safe. Enter Charlie who honestly just wants to go camping when things go from sleeping in a ruined tent to being chased down and attacked by a wolf, well the largest wolf she has ever seen.  When she wakes up there is so much she must come to terms with . The very first thing well she is no longer alive , Allistair the mayor of the hollow saved her but turned her into a vampire at the same time . So now what is a middle aged woman who just got turned into a vampire going to do with her undead life. Now that she is fighting for her undead life and actually kind of falling for Fox the fae king ( you will remember him from Haven hollow. ) Will they survive what is hunting them in the swamp and will Charlie come out of this with her undead life .


  I love that the authors add a new character to each of the books in the series . Charlette or Charlie as her friends call her . Is a middle aged divorced woman who wants to get a new start in her life. When she gets involved with the paranormal world after being bit. At first she is a scared of everything woman who really just wants to have a life but doesn't know how to do it. When she becomes a vampire you see her start to blossom around Thorne and Fox but she is still that shy woman who sometimes just wants to hide . Thorn well he is more then he seems he is a werewolf who well is as hot as well as sweet and he is on protection duty of the hollow .  Fox well he is if you know him, he is sexy and kind of arrogant and he is well a king in his world . He really does take a shine to Charlie and when push comes to shove he will fight for and with her. 


   I am glad they went back to the hollow and wrote a 4th book . I truly like the characters and the way that they are evolving with each new character addition. The characters are well written and get more and more complex . The authors love to put the characters through so much with each story and then tie the story together in each new book. This is a fun fast read that you can read in an evening . So if you want a fun series to read in a snow storm check out the swamps of Louisiana and the MIsty Hollow crew of mermaids , vampire, fairies , were gators and so much more  

No comments:

Post a Comment