Friday, May 29, 2015

wooohooo it is Friday the eve of another weekend

Thank God its Friday hope you all are ready for a great weekend . Today we are reviewing
RULE OF PROTECTION  by Alison Bliss
                  
                   BOOK BLURB
It’s rule breaker Emily Foster's birthday, and like everyone at The Jungle Room, she just wants to get some action. Unfortunately, she stumbles on the wrong kind, witnessing a mob hit. To protect her, she’s entered into the Witness Protection Program with by-the-book Special Agent Jake Ward as her chaperone.
When the location of their safe house is compromised, Jake stashes Emily deep in the Texas backwoods. The city-girl might be safe from the Mafia, but she has to contend with a psychotic rooster, a narcoleptic dog, crazy cowboys, and the danger of losing her heart to the one man she can’t have.
Jake's as hot as he is infuriating, and she can't help but push all his buttons to loosen him up. Their mutual, sizzling sexual attraction poses a dilemma: Jake’s determined to keep her safe and out of the wrong hands; she’s determined to get into the right ones—his.




                 MY REVIEW
     Have you just ever wanted a good fun read with romance and danger. This is the book for you .
I laughed so hard when I was reading this book. I was so excited when a friend told me about this book. She said that when you get to the rooster scene you will laugh your butt off. I am not going to tell you about the rooster scene, but I will say it has happened to me in real life . Roosters are evil.
Emily is taken into witness protection after seeing a murder. That is where the fun begins, Jake is with her and he has to protect her and that's where things go from bad to worse and back again. Will they survive the killer after them better will they survive each other .

  The author has created a fun filled book with characters and situations that will make you laugh out loud . Emily is in my opinion a very princess like character. Who will push a man away before getting attached , she doesn't want to take a chance and get hurt by anyone leaving her again. So she has this snarky, bitchy attitude that gets her into more trouble than its worth sometimes . But really she is a young girl hurting hiding underneath the snarky attitude . She needs someone who will love her and keep her safe. Then there is Jake , oh my god what can we say about Jake . Well let me tell you . First off he is hot and sexy, but also has a sensitive side that is hurting from a past wound . You don't know if you want to climb him like a spider monkey or hug him and make him feel all good inside. The supporting cast of characters are so great too. Hank and Floss, Jake's aunt and uncle are comical . They have such a good relationship and they ooze southern charm it is sooo sweet but will kick your ass if you need it. The boys are so much fun Cowboy, Ox and Judd . You know you just want to hang out with these good ole boys and have a rip roaring time . They are so much fun and you will laugh out loud. Oh how could I forget Junior , he was the strong silent friend that has a past that you won't believe . When you read you will understand why Emily always was comforted by the scent of wintergreen . HONORABLE MENTION the rooster and the wild boar . When you read you will understand, that's all I am going to say on them. But , you will laugh and laugh.
 
     The author has taken a story and made it an great read . I laughed and I did tear up . I also cheered and yelled at my kindle. Yes I yelled at my kindle in frustration . I also wanted to strangle Emily when she can't keep her mouth shut and self sabotages. Trust me she does that a lot. The story is a great twist  of romance and mystery. It is a fast read so it will great for an afternoon at the beach or by the pool. So if you want an laugh out loud check out this book . You won't be disappointed. You will laugh and cry and laugh some more.



1 comment: