Thursday, September 24, 2015

GOOD THURSDAY ALL

Good Thursday all , after a week of eye problems I am back and ready to review again. Today we are going to review FULL CIRCLE (The Belanger Creek Ranch book 2) by Gloria Antypowich

                                 BOOK BLURB
“Shauna Lee, I told you I’m a hunter. I have hunted cougars in the wild. That is where I like to keep them: in the wild; with me doing the stalking.”

Her face went scarlet. “Are you calling me a cougar?” she asked, indignantly.

Twenty years ago, eighteen-year-old Shauna Lee Holt rose like a phoenix, out of the ashes of tragedy. Fierce determination focused her drive for independence. After graduation, she worked non-stop, scrimping and saving every penny. She purchased Swift Current Accounting and Bookkeeping Service. Now she is regarded as a successful accountant in the business community: but no one knows her personal, private hell.

Brad Johnson recently moved to Swift Current, where he set up Windspeer Energy; a company specializing in small wind energy turbines.

Brad feels an undeniable attraction to Shauna Lee, but he refuses to play her “nothing serious, no strings attached” game. As time passes, he falls head over heels in love with this tormented woman. Shocking fragments of her tragic past come to light, and he begins to realize that she may never be able to give him the emotional connection he desperately desires.

This is a stand-alone book in the series, but the lives of Colt and Frank Thompson are woven into Brad Johnson and Shauna Lee Holt’s story. The couple, who seem to have everything, discover that grief and pain are no respecters of person. When they face the unimaginable, will their relationship be shaken beyond repair?

This is a story of wrath, hatred, murder, betrayal, denial, and unconditional love.

                                  MY REVIEW
 Lets go back to the ranch, this is Shauna Lee's story  and Brad's story . Shauna Lee has been through hell and back and at eighteen she has recreated herself and became a success , but she isn't the marrying type until Brad Johnson walked into her life . Now will she realize that she is the woman he wants and will she find her true self in time to realize that they can have it all.
   I was so excited to see that book two started right where book one ended. Gloria has entwined the characters from book one in with Shauna Lee's story. The story is very poignant and actually heart breaking . The author weaves such a masterful tale and add so much more depth to the characters . We see them at work, play and more real life situations. We see them falling in love and suffering heart break. To see them come out the other side happier and healthier
    I am in love with these characters . Each book I read I fall more in love with them . They remind me of people in the community. They are so well written and complex .  Shauna Lee is the type of woman that other women don't like and men flock around . She is a career woman who loves to have fun but as we read we find out that there is so much more to Shauna Lee then meets the eye. We find out that there is some hidden dark secrets and hurts that she is hiding . As you read you will see Shauna Lee change and become the woman she was meant to be. She is a very strong but vulnerable character . One moment you want to shake her and yell at her to get her life together and the next moment you are crying with her and wrapping her up in a hug . When you meet Brad you will want to be with him , he is yummy to the core, but he is also the type of guy you don't want to play with. He is a gentleman but also doesn't play games . He knows what he wants and will go after it . He isn't into one night stands, he is the guy you want to take home to the parents . He is also very protective and wants to be everything to that one woman. He could make you go weak in the knees with just one smile. Oh and ladies when he is wanting you , he doesn't take no for an answer. The rest of the gang are also here , Frank , Colt , the twins Ollie and Ellie . You see a romance blossoming between those two as the story rolls along too. Gloria did a great job in bringing back all the characters and letting their stories be told as a compliment to Shauna Lee's story ,
    Like I said in my review of book one , I have fallen in love with these books and am so happy that they are taking place in the same province where I live . It is great to read about places I have visited and know. The author takes us on such a journey with some great twists and turns . I love how she talks about depression and how they deal . Also how she handled the fears of Shauna Lee and how she closed herself off . These are great books that are based in Saskatchewan and they are written with care and love. Gloria is one of my favorite authors, I can't wait to read more about the ranch and what is going on . So if you want a story that has such well developed characters and real life situations, heart aches and triumphs . This is the serious for you , You can read FULL CIRCLE  as I stand alone but I suggest that you read SECOND CHANCE  and then FULL CIRCLE .You won't be disappointed .  


                                                      

1 comment:

  1. There are tears in my eyes!! Thank you for this AWESOME awesome review!! I am so glad you loved the book --that you love this series so far. I became so involved with these characters when I wrote them, I dreamed about them, I cried and laughed with them. They became apart of me, like my children!

    ReplyDelete