Tuesday, September 18, 2018

HAPPY RELEASE DAY

HAPPY RELEASE DAY  to one of my favourite authors . Pam Godwin and BOOTED  the third book in her Trails of Sin series .


                           BOOK BLURB 

  
The night I’m released from prison, she’s in my bed.
It’s been eight years since I touched a woman, and the Native American beauty is half-dressed, beaten, bruised, and devastatingly exquisite.

We’re toxic together, but we want the same things. Blood. Vengeance.
Violent relief in a warm body.

Beneath her touch, I’m alive.
Against her skin, I’m redeemed.
Buried inside her, I forget the past.
Until the past takes her from me.

Prison made me cold, but losing Raina makes me cruel. Ruthless. Unforgiving.
I killed before. For her, I’ll kill again.
I’ll end this once and for all or die in my boots.

TRAILS OF SIN series (HEAs with no cliffhangers - must be read in order):
Knotted #1 - Jake and Conor
Buckled #2 - Jarret and Maybe
Booted #3 - Lorne and Raina

                         MY REVIEW 
 
  This is the third book in the trails of sin series and this is Lorne's book. I have been not so patiently waiting for this book . Lorne is  Conors brother and the poor man has been locked up in prison for the last eight years . When he gets out he is not himself and when he finds Raina , his fathers ex concubine , all battered and bruised in his bed . He is attracted but all he feels dead inside . There is only one thing he wants and it is vengeance. But with Raina he feels for the first time and he wants more then the vengeance . They are broken but can they repair each other and will they be able to over come what is about to happen. 
   The characters in this book didn't disappoint . Lorne well lets just say , I couldn't wait to see what the author had in store for Lorne. You know he has a good heart and wants to be the man he use to be but prison was hard on him . It changed him in ways that most people would be scared of . He became hard and cruel . You want to save him over and over again. He is oh so sexy and brooding you don't know if you want to hug him or climb him like a spider monkey. He is also loyal to a fault with his family , they are unconditional love for him and his main supporters . 
  Raina well she is one mixed up ball of emotion. She has been used and abused for so long that is all she knows . She uses sex to get what she wants but she seems so detached when she does . There is so much more to her then we see at the beginning of the book . She actually is a sweet woman who can cook just about anything and can whip up a holistic potion to help out all most anything ailment . She is also stronger then she lets on . She goes after what she wants and won't let anyone get in her way .  Together they are combustible you can so feel the sexual tension between them . They will make your kindle melt. 
 The rest of the crew is also back , I love them all and when push comes to shove family is always there to help you out . Even if it is to leave you alone while you work things out or take a bullet meant for you . 
  I was so excited when I saw Lorne's book out . I couldn't put it down. The characters were very well written and I loved the story line . The author really puts you through the wringer with this book . The roller coaster ride is long and winging but the ride is worth it . The story has so much going on , there are some spots that will melt your kindle , other parts you will want to throw your kindle across the room . You will love the characters and you will hate them at the same time . There were a few spots in the book where I just felt that the author kind of let it slide a bit . Especially towards the end . I felt like the author could of ramped it up just a bit more and give it the big ending that the series needed . Don't get me wrong the last chapters were amazing but I guess I wanted more . Over all I loved this book and couldn't put it down. I wanted to see if everyone will have their happily ever afters . This book has to be read in the series so you can understand what is going on . So if you want a hot dark series with cowboys check out the Trails of Sin series  you will not be disappointed 

No comments:

Post a Comment