Saturday, July 24, 2021

GOOD SATURDAY ALL

  Good Saturday all today I have the next three books in the weekly serial from J.R Rain and Hp Mallory.  A GHOST OF A CHANCE . MISCHIEF BREWING AND BUMP IN THE NIGHT . 


book 2 in the series A GHOST OF A CHANCE 

                           BOOK BLURB



 Living in a haunted house is going to be the death of me…

Potentially literally.

In an attempt to cleanse whatever entity Trina and I let into my house after our bout with a Ouija board, things have only gotten worse.When the entity begins to sap Drake’s strength, I realize I have to do something, and that something needs to be done now…
While Drake does drive me crazy with his pretentious airs, his womanizing ways, and his jealousy, the idea of coming home to an empty house leaves me feeling… well, empty. Yes, it’s true—I’m pretty fond of my ghostly Casanova.
Meanwhile, whatever this entity is, it’s getting stronger and more aggressive. It appears to be mimicking the attacks of the Axeman, a murderer who terrorized New Orleans over one hundred years earlier.
And there’s only so much Ryan can do to help me, considering he’s corporeal.
When forced to make a decision to protect Drake, I’ll face a consequence that could put my blossoming relationship with Ryan on a forever hold.

                       MY REVIEW 
 After Peyton and Trina played with the Ouija Board  things start to go strange . The entity starts to drain Drake's strength. They have to find out what is going on and get the entity out of the house . The entity is taking on the characteristics of a hundred year old murderer the Axeman . Who terrorized  New Orleans . Ryan is trying to help but there is only so much he can do well cause he is alive . Will everything work out or will Ryan and Peyton's relationship be on hold indefinitely.

  Peyton and the gang are back and honestly funnier then ever . Peyton is trying hard to keep Drake from peeking in on her relationship with Ryan and also to keep everyone safe. She is sassy and ready for a fight You really get to see Peyton's flirty fun side when she is with Drake We also get to see her soft romantic side with Ryan . Drake is well he is still as cocky as ever and oh so sexy too . He is slowly loosing himself . Then there is Ryan the sweetest guy ever , he is tall and just sexy with a lopsided grin. We also get to meet some voodoo priests who add so much fun to the story. 

Ok this is book two and I must say the authors packed a lot into this story . There is romance . voodoos . dark magic and lots of laugher . The author seems to have such fun writing this  book.  i read this while at the pool in an afternoon . I have never giggled so much in my life . The characters are so well written and complex . The author has created a great universe where you get sucked in by the end of chapter one . This series would be great for your summer reading list . 

book3 MISCHIEF BREWING 

                         BOOK BLURB


  Two is better than one; unless the second is hitching a ride in your body.
Then one is definitely better than two.
After agreeing to let the spirit of Drake Montague inhabit my body (probably not one of my better ideas), I soon discover the twentieth-century French policeman may be dead, but his lothario longings sure aren’t.
Now I have to find a way to explain to my sweet, sexy, and very alive boyfriend, Ryan Kelly, that a spirit has taken up residence in my head, whispering French words of affection day and night. And, ahem, French is a pretty… sexy language.
While I’m torn between my love for a living man and my growing affection for one deceased, supernatural activity in New Orleans is at an all-time high. Something wicked this way is definitely coming.
With the help of my friends (and a little voodoo), I learn that the demonic spirit of the Axeman may still be dwelling in my house. Thanks a lot, realtor.com!

                    MY REVIEW 
  Poor Peyton what has she gotten herself into , agreeing to let Drake share her body . Drake maybe dead but his longings don't get my Peyton at all . Now she has to figure out a way to come clean and tell her sweet boyfriend Ryan and tell him about the ghost now sharing her body. Not only that but she has to figure out if the Axeman is still residing in her house . With help of Lovie and some voodoo . Peyton will get to the bottom of the Axe man and maybe stop the end of the world. 
  This episode has so much going on, we have voodoo and there is romance and possession . The characters are just getting better and better . Peyton is one tough lady who will do anything for those who love her and she loves. We get to see a lot more of Drake in this book . He is oh so dreamy and such a card through out the book . There are some really strong emotions through out the book . 
   This is the third installment in the series .I think this one is my favourite book in the series . We get to see more of Drake and how he was back in the day. The book is full of snarkiness and sass . You will laugh at some of the things Drake does and says through out the book . I truly love this series so much You will love this series from the first page . Check it out you will love to read this series on your pool day

book 4 BUMP IN THE NIGHT 

                         BOOK BLURB 


 Abandon hope, all ye who enter here...
With the ghost of Drake Montague possessing my body, I’ve broken the barrier between this plane and the next.Now, to stop the ghost of the murderous Axeman from attacking New Orleans again, I’ll have to visit the most infamous building in the city—the LaLaurie Mansion.
In the 1800s, the LaLaurie Mansion was the location of unspeakable atrocities, and now I’m going to venture into the depths of this awful place, where I’ll experience first-hand what happened all those years ago.
The LaLaurie Mansion will lead me back to my least favorite of all places—Guarda’s shack of voodoo, where I’ll have to succumb to Guarda’s magic, yet again.
To stop bloody history from repeating itself, I’ll have to travel back in time to confront the Axeman at his roots, with the help of a certain handsome—and suddenly flesh and blood—police officer with a killer accent.

                     MY REVIEW
 We are back and heading into the past to stop the Axe man Peyton has to man up and head back to the voodoo priestess shack to go back and make sure the world doesn't come to an end with the Axe man coming to finally finish the job of killing her . She has to come to terms with her feelings for Drake and Ryan as she fights the Axe man . Drake with his sexy accent and his killer body that could distract a blind woman . She must over come the entity and come back to her world before the world ends . 
  This episode is one of action and there is some romance through out the story . Drake is so suave and debonair in this book . You really just want to climb him . Peyton goes through so much this time around . We see her fight hard for what she wants . There are moments in this story that you are on the edge of your seat and yes there is a cliff hanger at the end of this one but the next book will be coming out fast . I am really loving these books and the characters . Peyton is one tough cookie and knows what she wants and Ryan is the sweet boyfriend at her side the whole time . Drake well he is Drake and I love him . So check it out if you want a fun summer read check out the series 

No comments:

Post a Comment