Tuesday, May 2, 2023

HAPPY RELEASE DAY

  Good morning my peeps I hope your Tuesday is going well. Today I have for you one of my favourite authors Theresa Sederholt and her new Black Book series. MURDER BY MISTAKE 


                        BOOK BLURB



  One bomb; the ripples of devastation—endless

Tick . . . tick . . . tick . . .

Michelina

A week ago, I was a simple high school science teacher, and my biggest worry was making sure that my students got their final project in on time. Now, that is the furthest thing from my mind. Instead, I am in a race to save my life. In my possession is a key my grandfather left me. This key could change the lives of the five New York crime families that run the East Coast. I’m surrounded by the FBI and Mafia families. Good guys. Bad guys; the line blurs. One wrong decision could end so many lives, including my own.

Luca

I’ve lived my life on a dare. A life where I can do what I want when I want. Whoever gets in my way be damned. When I was assigned to protect her, she had no idea who I was—no one did. I didn’t expect to feel anything for her, except hate. Hate for what her family did to mine. Instead, I was beginning to fall in love with her. A forbidden love that could get us both killed or . . . it could land us at the top of La Cosa Nostra.

One wrong decision and it could blow up in our face . . . literally.
                   MY REVIEW 
  Michelina's life has changed in one second, once a high school science teacher her life was shattered when her mother was blown up in a car bomb . Now she is in the fight of her life and trying to find the key that could bring down some of the biggest mafia bosses. Now surrounded by FBI and mafia she doesn't know who to trust even Luca the FBI agent you just can't trust. Will she be able to keep herself and her grandmother safe and find what she needs to save her life. 
 Michelina and Luca well we have two people that are both hiding secrets. Michelina has had a normal life for most of her life. She is sweet and a bit naive at the beginning of the book but she really changes and becomes a feisty strong woman who doesn't trust anyone. She really puts up a fight when it comes to all the men around her trying to tell her what to do. Luca well he is one of those men who you think you should trust but he has a underlying menace about him. He comes off gruff and grouchy but there is a deeper distrust coming from him. You don't know if the sexy FBI agent can be trusted or not.  Both of these characters  you want to smack every now and then but they do kind of redeem themselves in some ways. Which makes them complex for us readers. 
  This is the first book in a brand new series and the author really takes us on an emotional rollercoaster ride . You really don't know who you can trust through out the book the character are well written and complex.  The book is fast paced with lots of intrigue and the twists and turns will keep you on the edge of your seat. It does end on a cliff hanger and I can't wait to read the second book I really want to know what comes from the black books and will they all survive. So if you want a good new series check it out , this author can really write tortured souls and their redemption. 

No comments:

Post a Comment