Wednesday, July 5, 2023

GOOD MORNING ALL

  Good morning my peeps, I hope you are all having a great week and finding books that you are loving. Today I have for you book three in the Harland Creek Mystery Quilters series . THE MYSTERY OF THE EXPLODING HEART by Jodi Allen Brice. 


                          BOOK BLURB 



   Get ready for a thrilling ride as you join me, Dove Agnew, in The Mystery of the Exploding Heart.

After a solving the last case in Harland Creek, I was looking forward to some much-needed rest. But that plan goes out the window when I discover that my ex-boyfriend, Dean, has gone missing. Determined to find him, I travel to Tennessee, only to uncover a bigger mystery. A young college student has also disappeared, and the whole campus is on edge.
As I struggle to unravel the mystery on my own, I get unexpected help from the quirky and lovable Harland Creek Mystery Quilters, along with their loyal goat, Petunia. But as the pieces of the puzzle fall into place, I begin to question everything I thought I knew about Dean and myself. Will I be able to solve the mystery before it's too late? Or will I become the next victim?
Join me on this suspenseful page-turner that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end.
Will I solve the mystery and come out unscathed? Or will I pay the ultimate price?


                    MY REVIEW 
    Dove Agnew and the ladies of the quilting crew are back. Dove is trying to figure what happened to her ex boyfriend, he has gone missing along with a young university student. No one has answers on what happened and Dove is being stone walled from the start. She is off to Tennessee to try and figure out what happened. She gets some unexpected help from the ladies of the local quilting club and the cutest little goat ever .  Along the way she meets suspects and allies that will help her piece together what happened that night before she becomes the killers next victim. 

   Ok lets dish about Dove and the ladies .I must admit I really want to be part of this girl group. They are so much fun to read . Dove is no nonsense woman who is a quilter and a sleuth part time . She seems to be the one to get into the mystery and help solve it. The ladies of the guild are a hoot, they never seem to be at a loss for words and when push does come to shove they are there for you and will help you out any time they can. Each of them brings a special talent that will keep you on your toes as you read. My all time favorite character is Petunia the goat, she is sweet and loves attention. She really loves the ladies and they love her . She brings a smile to your face when ever she is in a scene. All the characters are well written and complex and you will find your favorite. 

  This is one of those books that will have you on the edge of your seat wondering what is going on and the next moment you are laughing so hard at what someone or one cute goat has done.  This is one of those cozy mysteries that you can not put down the author takes us on an adventure . You can't help but cheer them on and yes there might be a moment when you think you have it figured out but you really don't. There are twists and turns and a little bit of romance that will keep you entertained . This series would make a great summer read for those lazy days at the lake . 

No comments:

Post a Comment