Friday, April 26, 2024

GOOD MORNING IS IS DAY 2 OF NOVELS IN READER ROUNDUP

  Good morning my peeps , it is day two of the novel portion of the reader roundup. Today we have for you COLORED LIES by V.J Lee. 


                             BOOK BLURB 



 I'm Jordan Ann Bland, Jo to my friends.

I hate lies.

I know from personal experience they ruin lives. To me, every lie has a color. The only lies I usually tell are pink ones; they don't hurt anyone, but they make my life more exciting, much less—well, bland, and I don't even have to leave the comfort of my home.

Then one night, I go against everything I believe and tell a gray lie, the kind that can hurt others, and it happens in front of one of the sexiest men I've ever seen. Now, I must keep telling these lies, so he doesn't catch onto my secret. These gray lies are now turning into one of the worst-colored lies—black. This is why I hate all lies other than the pink ones.

To make things worse, this gorgeous man is dragging me around to do every pink lie I ever told; I have a feeling he knows I'm a liar.

I hate liars, even though I am one.

I'm Roman Joseph Arndt-Blackwell, RJ to my friends.

I hate all liars.

Chalk it up to a bad past relationship. I don't want to be around liars, or get stuck in another relationship with one. But when the petite blonde in the bar makes a comment I know to be one whopper of a lie, I feel I need to do something about it, even though I must lie to her in turn—trust me, I know how hypocritical it is. Still, something about Jo draws me in, as much as it pushes me away.

My scheme to out her as a liar, opens my eyes to fun and, quite possibly, love. I do know one thing I refuse to do is fall for another liar, no matter how attracted I am to her.

I hate liars, even though I am one.

                       MY REVIEW 
  Jo hates lies she knows that they can hurt people . She labels each type of lie with a color  The pink lies don't hurt anyone so those are the ones she tries to tell . Until the night she tells a grey lie , which could hurt someone, not only she tells the lie but she tells it in front of the most handsome man she has met . Roman, he hates all liars male and female, after a bad relationship he hates them all . Until the night he runs into Jo at the bar and after hearing her tell the whopper of a lie and now he wants to catch her in the lie and call her out. Even if he has to lie to her to get her to open up. Will they be able to figure out what is going on and finally figure out that they are meant to be together. 
  Roman and Jo as such fun characters , they are two sides of the same coin but they just don't know it . Jo hates liars and tries not to lie but when does she tell one its a whopper . She is a sweet woman who has labeled lies colors . When she meets Roman. who is one hot man and also kind of full of himself. He tries his worst to see if he can get her caught in her own lies . But as they hang out they find out there is more to them then meets the eye. Like falling in love and finally having the relationship worth having. This book does have an ensemble cast of characters that come and go through out the book and keep Jo and Roman on the right path sort of way. Each character is well written and they are complex . You will like them and fall in love with them by the end of the book. 
  This is one those books that once you start you will be sucked in trying to figure out what their true hearts have . It is a love story that is mixed with a kind of revenge story between the two main characters. I love that the main female character has named colors to the lies she hears and when the main guy tries to figure her out well there is romance. Lots of romance . I do like this story and the authors way of writing so if you want a good story with lots of fun characters check it out . A great beach book for this summer .

No comments:

Post a Comment