Thursday, April 11, 2024

ITS ALMOST THE WEEKEND

  Good morning my peeps , I hope this finds you well on this Thursday.  I have been in a reading slump just a little well cataract surgery had something to do with that but when  I found out book 2 in the Daughters of the Moon series was out I had to read .  So lets check out THE HANGED MAN by Hp Mallory.


                          BOOK BLURB 



 KATE:

After inheriting my aunt’s crappy castle in the rinky dink town of Maplewood, Vermont, my life will never be the same again. I’m not even slightly exaggerating.

So why the pity party? Well, first off, I’m now a celestial guardian (called a Daughter of the Moon) and prior to moving here, I didn't even read my horoscope. Second, I’m the caretaker of a talking goat and a shrunken head, yet I've never even owned a goldfish! And third? I’m stuck with literally the WORST bodyguard in the history of terrible bodyguards. Right--Magnus is about as fun as a hemorrhoid.

And let’s not even talk about the fact that as soon as I made my vow to the moon, my body decided to morph into a fertility statue (and I'm forty-freaking-five!) Still not exaggerating--the Andes have sprouted on my chest and my ass needs its own zip code.

But that’s not even the worst part! Nope, not by a long shot.

The absolute kicker is that my sex-crazed, nudist of a mother has just decided to relocate to a town nearby which means we’ll be seeing a lot more of each other. That might sound nice, but it isn’t. Not at all. Trust me--you haven't met my mother...

At least I have Luke Montgomery to rely on—Luke’s a magician in town and he’s the only one who’s able to keep me from wanting to tear my hair out. Not only that, but Luke’s in a word: hot. And, yeah, I might have a little crush on him…

As if things weren't weird enough, they get even weirder when I start having dreams of an incredibly sexy man who appears to be stuck in a garden. I can’t decide if he’s simply the result of one too many snacks before bedtime or if he’s meant to teach me something about the newest tarot lesson I’m embarking on—The Hanged Man.

Sometimes life truly is stranger than fiction.


                      MY REVIEW
 
    After the lessons of the first tarot card Kate isn't really looking forward to figuring out the rest of her powers that she got from becoming a daughter of the moon. It seems like things are going from bad to worse for poor Kate. She is having dreams of a sexy man who is trapped in a garden, she is not sure if he is there to help her or hinder her. Magnus is trying to train her and then there is Luke who is helping her out and Rocco and Yolanda aren't helping matters any. Then to top it off Kate's mom has come to Vermont and well is wreaking havoc all over the place . Will anyone survive mom and will Kate figure out the hanged man tarot card before the Dark Coven come for her . 

  Kate and the gang are back and my oh my funnier then ever. Poor Kate she is having a tough time trying to wrap her head around all that is going on with her new life.  We do get to see Kate grow a bit but she still comes off as a whiner through out the story Magnus is still as bossy as ever and well Luke is still as sweet and sexy. They are starting to grow deeper and more complex as characters through out the book, we also get to meet mom and man she is a whirlwind of insanity and child like behavior, lock up your sons , lock up your sons. 

  The second book in the series dives more into what it means to be a daughter of the moon and what Kate has to do to stay alive . The author takes us on a fun fueled ride. All I am going to say is poor Magnus. There are many giggle times through out the book not only from Rocco and Yolanda but also Kate's mom and her flamboyant way of life . So if you want a fun book this is the series for you check it out you will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment