Wednesday, January 21, 2015

GOOD WEDNESDAY ALL TODAY IT IS MYSTERY DAY

Good Weds everyone hope your hump day is going well. Today  we are going to review  I HUNT KILLER  by Barry Lyga

                                               BOOK BLURB
It was a beautiful day. It was a beautiful field.
Except for the body.
But he's also the son of the world's most infamous serial killer, and for Dear Old Dad, "Take Your Son to Work Day" was year-round. Jazz has witnessed crime scenes the way cops wish they could--from the criminals' point of view.
Jazz is a likable teenager. A charmer, some might say.
And now, even though Dad has been in jail for years, bodies are piling up in the sleepy town of Lobo's Nod. Again.
In an effort to prove murder doesn't run in the family, Jazz joins the police in the hunt for this new serial killer. But Jazz has a secret--could he be more like his father than anyone knows?
 
 
 
 
                                  MY REVIEW
  Wow is about all I can say this is a book that had me hooked from the very first page.  I started in the evening and I know I shouldn't of because I read well into the night. Yes I admit I did have a book hangover the next day.
  We meet Jazz a young man that has had a hard life. His father  was a serial killer. Poor Jazz even had go and help every now and then. After his dad is arrested , Jazz is dropped of with is absolutely kooky grandmother . Omg you will giggle out right when you read some grandma scenes but there ar things that Jazz has hidden that some might think that he is just like his dad. So he decides to help out the police to solves murders as a new serial killer is among them .
  I just couldn't believe the dark twists and turns the author takes his characters in the psychological thriller . The author writes such good dark characters . You can feel the frustration that Jazz has  and how he is fighting his inner demons as he helps the police find the serial killer. But it isn't all dark Jazz's friend Howie, who is a hemophiliac . Connie, Jazz's girlfriend. Oh don't forget grandma she had dementia and the scenes with her will make you laugh out loud
   I couldn't believe the dark place the author went to . The twists and turns had me guessing all night long. The story moved at a good pace and when you think you have it all figured out the author sends you down a different path and you start all over again. But, it isn't all dark gloomy in this thriller . There are some light parts that mix with the dark so well. There is a lot of gore happening in this book so you have to be able to handle the gore aspect. This book gave me the heebie jeebies every now and then. I can't wait to read the rest of Barry Lyga's books.
So if you want to read a good story with lots of mystery intrigue and a few laughs. This book will keep you reading all night long . I will tell you though if you read this book, read it with the lights on cause you will get a little freaked out. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU lol. This is a book to read , you won't be disappointed .
 
  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment