Tuesday, April 30, 2019

GOOD TUESDAY ALL

 Good Tuesday morning all . I have a book that will break your heart into a million pieces then hopefully repair it . MEAN LITTLE PEOPLE  by Paige Dearth .

                           BOOK BLURB 


Tormented as a child, a boy reaches adulthood with a damaged soul and a seething rage... This provocative tale of human evil is not for the faint of heart.

My name is Tony. When I was seven years old the bullies in my class almost killed me; my father was angry that I let it happen, but he always hated me. 
At thirteen I went to prison for a crime I didn't commit; it was the worst experience of my life. 
Living on the streets was hard; being part of a gang was even harder.
Oh, and I did find people to love along the way...and, I would do anything to protect them, anything. 
**WARNING** 18+ Readers Only. Graphic content and subject matter. (This is a standalone novel)

                        MY REVIEW 
     What do you do when you feel like you are nothing and the only way out is vlolence . That is the way Tony feels most of his life . His life has been nothing but torture. At the age of seven he was almost killed when the bullies of his school attack and beat him . By thirteen he was in jail for a crime he didn't commit . Then he was in a gang and that was even harder . Along the way the boy became a young man and found friends and loved ones that he would protect by any means necessary . 
     I fell in love with the characters in this book . Tony has been through so much in his life . From being abused and beaten it hardened his heart . He becomes so hard that you just want to hug him and tell him everything is going to be ok . He is a good kid but with all the abuse he goes through . He goes from an abused kid to a hardened criminal with friends in the mafia .  There are so many characters that come in and out of Tony's life some are good and some are evil . You will love them or hate them . 
  I have read the other books by this author but i forgot how much my heart would break when i started reading this book . The characters are well written and complex . You can see the change in them as you read , you see them harden and become what they didn't want to become .  I ugly cried so much through this book , I had to put it down and come back to it a couple of time . The author has a way of sucking you in and keeping you on the edge of your seat turning pages . This story is so realistic , there are children out there going through this every day and some don't over come .  I know there are some things wrong with wording and that with the book but you can over come it . It is all part of the way the author tells the story . So if you want a story that will leave you in peices and shatter your heart oh and ugly cry . This is the book for you check it out . The author really knows how to write about the ugly side of being a child . 

No comments:

Post a Comment