Wednesday, November 20, 2019

WELCOME TO WEDNESDAY

Well it is Wednesday, and we are all going to start getting ready for Christmas . Today I have a new book by Pepper Winters . THE BODY PAINTER .

                            BOOK BLURB 

 
“Must be slim, able to stand for long periods of time, and be impervious to the cold.”

The headline caught my attention.

“Hours are negotiable, pay is minimal, clothing absolutely forbidden.”

The second line piqued my curiosity.

“Able to hold your bladder and tongue, refrain from opinions or suggestions, and be the perfect living canvas.”

The third made me scowl.

“Other attributes required: non-ticklish, contortionist, and obedient. Must also enjoy being studied while naked in a crowd.”

The fourth made me shudder.

“Call or email ‘YOUR SKIN, HIS CANVAS’ if interested in applying.”

The final made my heart race.

I should’ve kept scrolling past the advertisement.
I should’ve applied for the boring receptionist job at minimum wage.
I should’ve clicked on any other job where I got to keep my clothes on.
But I didn’t.
I applied.
My interview is tomorrow…

                         MY REVIEW 
      When Olin answers an ad in the newspaper for a body canvas . She should of just kept scrolling . Gil is the boy that got away and when she sees him again . Things become intense and not in a good way .  Will they be able to get back to what they had or will the past be too much to bare. 

   Ok first off before you all start yelling at me . I truly like this author and her Tears of Tess series . This book however is not on my radar for her . I felt the characters were not up to the standards of her last books . Olin was a really wishy washy character . All she does is whine through out the book She is one dimensional and to me has no substance . Gil is a brooding guy who yeah he has been hurt but know what suck it up and become the man. They are an ok couple . 

     The repetition in this book drove me crazy , I seriously think that the book could of been pared down and the story would of flowed better .  I feel like the author rushed this book and Over all the plot of the story is great but the execution was just a little off . Don't get me wrong  you might like the book but it isn't one of my favourites .  Check it out if you like and let me know what you think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment