Monday, April 14, 2014

better late then never on a monday

Hey everyone hope you are having a great Monday . I have been so busy this morning with dr's appointments and that. So this is a late blog post for me. I usually have it up already. LOL
 So got a great book plug from an author friend of mine for a book about fairies and pixies . So of course I, being the book junkie that I am decided to add a book about fairies to my book reading list.
 The book FAIRIE CAKE DEAD by  J.M Griffin

BOOK BLURB

Tea, trust and trouble collide at Faerie Cake Junction. When divorcee, Luna Devere, owner of Faerie Cake Junction, meets general contractor, Devin Radford, chaos reigns. Devin instantly wreaks romantic havoc in Luna's life after she finds a corpse sitting in her tea shop as though awaiting service. The shop is surrounded by faeries who have befriended Luna. They know who left the dead man, but they aren't sharing. The sheriff is convinced Luna is daft and that she's the culprit. Devin wonders just how odd Luna is...even though he's drawn to her. And, Luna's ex-husband tries to incriminate her for reasons and purposes of his own. Will Luna survive? Only the faeries know.
 
 
 
 
 
MY REVIEW
  Ok I saw an author friend of mine promoting this book. So I read the book blurb like any good book junkie does. Well I fell in love with the premise of the book. Haven't read a good sweet fairie book . So I started reading and reading and reading. I mean who can not fall in love with a book that has tea, cupcakes , a hot leading man. and of course fairies. Luna is a fairy talking human who lives on a plot of land that her family has kept in natural state for the fairies and pixies . You are probably thinking that ok now what. Well there is so much that happens in this book. You will just love it
  I mean waking up to go and bake your cupcakes and finding a dead man sitting at one of your tables ready for tea. That is the start of the strange things that happen poor Luna.  To just add to the chaos of her life. In walks Devin Randford , he sends her heart racing and thinking of naughty naughty thoughts running around her mind. As for every good thing that is happening the bad must follow . Luna's ex husband Thomas is slinking back into her life trying to take control of her business and just making her life a living hell. As the murders mount and the blackmail ensues. Who does Luna have to lean against. Devin is there and ready willing and able to do more for her then just build her office. Hehehehehehehe.  Will they survive and will they realize that they love each other . You will have to read to find out
  I loved this book cause it is a nice light read . Trust me you can't go wrong with tea, cupcakes , and a little mystery. Oh yeah and fairies. I so want a place like FAIRIE CAKE JUNCTION, I would be there everyday . The characters were well written and you felt like you were sitting in the tea shop . Listening to the conversations that are going on all around you. This would be a good easy summer read for those lazy summer days , where you just want to lie out in the hammock and read the day away .

No comments:

Post a Comment