Tuesday, March 17, 2015

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE

Good Tuesday and HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY everyone . Today I am going to review GONE GIRL By Gillian Flynn


                   BOOK BLURB
THE #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLEROn a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne’s fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick’s clever and beautiful wife disappears. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn’t doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife’s head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media—as well as Amy’s fiercely doting parents—the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he’s definitely bitter—but is he really a killer?




               MY REVIEW
  Ok I have had this book on my TBR list for like ever.  Then the movie came out, so I decided that maybe I should read the book before I watch the movie. Well for two reasons , 1 I wanted to know about the book before watching the movie and 2 lets see how badly they destroyed the book when they made it into the movie.  I was totally blown away with this book.
  The characters in this book for a lack of a better word are totally screwed up. It starts out as Nick and Amy are the ideal couple . Living the dream in New York, they seem to have it all. Until the day they move back to Missouri and that's when things start to fall apart. As you read you honestly don't know from one moment to another if Nick really did the killing of his wife . He is such a tortured character. One moment you want to hug him and say everything will be ok and the next moment you want to slam him ass in jail cause you think he killed his wife. Nick is the classic tortured soul. Not saying he isn't a dick and needs a good butt kicking . Now Amy on the other hand is in my opinion a manipulative woman, who will do anything to get back at anyone who hurts her. I mean come on the way and lengths she went to were down right scary. How one person could do what she did and did it so easily . The idea is beyond me . These two characters were so amazing to read . The things they would do were beyond me. There is a lot of dysfunctional characters in this book. Which honestly makes it a great read . Everyone is in their own worlds and trying to figure out what the heck happened .
  Gillian takes us on such a rollercoaster ride. You never actually know what is going on. One moment you are loving Nick and the next moment you are saying he did it . There are two points of view in this book. Nicks after Amy is gone and the thoughts from Amy's diary as the story goes on you get a sense of wow. This is an intense book and there are so many OMG and WTH  moments . That will keep you reading all night long . Trust me there is a twist in this book that made me almost throw my kindle across the room . I was what the heck, I didn't see that one coming at all. The only weak point I found in the book was the ending . It didn't seem like there was any resolution of the storyline . Not going to spoil it for you. But it will leave you shaking your head . Over all I loved this book. It takes you to places that you never thought you would go. You are turned inside out and rolled over the hot coals . You will scream out of outrage and shed a tear. You will want to strangle someone and hug them later . So if you want a great book with an awesome plot twist . This is the book for you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment