Wednesday, November 8, 2017

HAPPY WEDNESDAY ALL

   Well today I am going to review something I have never read before until this day . Disney Manga . Tim Burton's THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS .


                            BOOK BLURB 


     Jack Skellington is the Pumpkin King, the ruler of Halloween Town and master of all things creepy and spooky. But he's tired of his life in the shadows and longs for something new. When he accidentally stumbles upon Christmas Town, he decides this is the perfect chance to try his hand at a brand new holiday and is convinced he'll have the world yelling "Scary Christmas"! With the young patchwork doll Sally trying to dissuade him and the evil Oogie Boogie waiting in the wings to take over Halloween Town in Jack's absence, he'd better hurry if he wants to get his plan in place by December 25th! You've seen the movie, now read the manga for a new twist on an animated classic!

                             MY REVIEW
  I  absolutely love  THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS . When I saw that it was in manga form I was so happy to read it. I will admit I am a manga virgin and once I figured out how to read it I really got into the story . We have Jack Skellington and his take over of Christmas.
  The book is done in black and white which doesn't distract from the story telling I honestly think it kind of adds to the story and eeriness of the Halloween  What I really liked about it is the characters are so well developed and the artist doesn't really have to change too much to put it in the graphic novel . The author kept it close to the original . 
  This would be a great companion for the movie . People who love the movie will fall in love with this . People new to the nightmare before Christmas will fall in love with it with this book . I will warn you read the instructions on how to read it before you start . don't do the same mistake I did . Check it out you won't be disappointed . 


No comments:

Post a Comment