Friday, November 21, 2014

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE

Good Friday morning , woohoo the weekend is only a day away, Today I have a special book to review. BLOOM by Cathy Jackson. I was honored with the privilege to read this special book before it is released.

BOOK BLURB
Charles Swartz was abusive and demanding. He ruled my life with a leather strap and harsh words. The physical and mental abuse I suffered at his hands made me hate and fear him.
His death would be the only thing that could release me from our marriage.
John Westerling is caring and thoughtful. He treats me as his equal and his encouragement builds me up. His displays of patience and love to everyone around draws my heart to him.
Can the love we are finding together stand against a woman from his past who threatens to tear us apart and destroy all that we are working to achieve? Will I be able to trust again after being married to a tyrant?
   


MY REVIEW
 Ok I will have to tell you the first chapters in this book will make you cry. I mean cry ugly tears. The abuse poor Phoenix goes through just breaks your heart. She falls in love and marries the supposed man of her dreams. But. he turns into a tyrant who abuses her so badly. She is just destroyed . Until the day she plants well attempts to plant a rosebush. And an angel comes into her life in the form of John Westerling and his daughter Anna.
As things happen Phoenix and John become more but will Phoenix realize that she deserves this man and his daughter before it is too late.
  Cathy has taken us on an emotional rollercoaster with this novel. The depths of hell that Phoenix went through at the beginning will just break your heart. I had to walk away for a bit while reading this part. As someone who went through the ugliness of abuse. I knew what Phoenix was going through. I cried ugly tears as I read. Phoenix was a very real character for me . Her pain and her ultimate walking through the fire to be reborn is very real. It honestly takes that one special loving person that will help build that confidence and realize that you are deserving of love and happiness.
Cathy writes with such a passion and she conveys the feelings of these characters and shows us the emotions and love between these two people. It is all not sad ugly in this book. There are some awesome fun times to be had by everyone also. The lake scene is so cute well any scene with sweet little Anna in it is great. Anna seems  like the soothing balm between both of them.
 This book is about strength and perseverance and ultimately survival of both your heart and soul. To realize that you are worthy of the love and respect. Which Cathy writes in spades. This book is so real and honest. The characters are just honest and written with such care. HONESTLY you can not help but fall in love. Cheer for them and hug them when life comes up and hurts them. There was one scene in the book when you finally feel Phoenix come into her power and realize that she would do anything and everything for her Anna and John. I so cheered when she took on Cat the ex wife. I was so proud of her .
 So if you want a book that will bring out all kinds of emotions . That isn't full of brooding alpha males and naïve young women chasing after them. If you want a sweet love story that evolves this is the book for you. This is a refreshing loving book that I was so happy to read. Check out this book when it comes out at the end of November. I promise you will not be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment