Tuesday, July 10, 2018

HAPPY RELEASE DAY

Happy Release Day to one of my favourite  dark authors Pam Godwin . We are going to review her second book in the Trails of Sin series . BUCKLED .

                            BOOK BLURB

 
I protect what’s mine.
The ranch, my family, our buried secrets.

Nothing will stop me from reassembling the life that went terribly wrong.
Not the law.
Not our enemies.
Not even Maybe Quinn.

The gorgeous, quarrelsome journalist shouldn’t have meddled.
I shouldn’t have let her stay.
But she’s hiding something in those deceptive blue eyes.
Something deeper than her thirst for a news story.

I make a deal with her to buy time.
To unravel her lies. To play with her. To satisfy my darker appetites.
When she buckles beneath my belt, I’ll send her away.
Unless I buckle first.

TRAILS OF SIN series (HEAs with no cliffhangers - must be read in order):
Knotted #1 - Jake and Conor
Buckled #2 - Jarret and Maybe
Booted #3 - Lorne and Raina

                        MY REVIEW 
    This is the second book in the series and I must say the series is just getting better and better . This is Jarret and Maybe's story .  Jarret the younger brother has secrets that he is keeping to himself . Secrets that her his brother and their best friend have done to save the ranch. But when Maybe comes on the scene things change and they want more then just a one night stand . When things get more complicated when hearts get involved . Will Jarrett and Maybe get their happily ever after . Or will secrets keep them apart. 
  I think that these characters are my favourite in this series . Jarrett is sweet but also so hot . He is a rancher and a very protective cowboy . He may come off cocky most of the time but deep down he just wants a love like his brother . A woman to call his own . There are parts in the book where you want to climb him like a spider monkey and the next moment you want to wrap him up in your arms and hold him tight . He is a manly man with a heart of gold . Maybe is a complicated character . She is hurting but also really strong and bull headed . She is a great character and fits nicely with Jarrett . Together they are hot hot hot . I will say though the best character in the book is Chicken and guys chicken isn't what you think it is . I am not going to say any more but chicken is a character that every good ranch needs .  Jake and Conor are back to lend support and just harass Jarrett. 
  This book had me hooked from the very first page . I love the twists and turns that the author takes us on through out this book . This is an enemies to lovers story which is a good fit for these characters . I would suggest you have a fan, a cold drink and a box of tissues beside you when you read this story. Your kindle will melt and you will weep at what the author puts these two through . The ending of the book will make you smile and fall in love again . This book will suck you in and take you away . I will say though read book one before you read this book so you will know exactly what is going on with all the characters . Now I can't wait for book three . I really want you to read this book this summer , well actually this series .  They will strip you raw and rip out your heart but I do promise the author will piece it back together again .

No comments:

Post a Comment