Saturday, May 17, 2014

ITS CUPCAKE SATURDAY

Good Saturday morning all. Today is cupcake Saturday. I found this cute book on BOOKBUB.
KILLER CUPCAKES  by Leighann Dobbs


BOOK BLURB

Things are going great for Lexy Baker. She's finally opened her dream bakery, gotten rid of her cheating boyfriend and settled into her grandmothers house with her perky dog Sprinkles at her side.

But her blissful life doesn't last long. When her ex boyfriend is found poisoned with cupcakes from her bakery, Lexy finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation headed up by her hunky neighbor detective Jack Perillo.

With the help of a gang of iPad toting, would-be detective grandmothers, Lexy decides to take it upon herself to find the real murderer in order to clear her name and get her bakery back in business.

As things heat up on the murder trail, in the kitchen and between Lexy and the hunky detective, it's a race against time to put the real murderer behind bars and get back to baking.

Will Lexy get her man?


MY REVIEW
   I found this book as a freebie on amazon. I was looking for a light fun read. I found it with this book. Let me introduce you to Lexy Baker. She is the owner of a great bakery. Has great friends. Has a cute little dog and her grandma is to die for . Grandma is hilarious with her gumshoe friends , who love to solve mysterious with a flick of their I pads. Then there is Joe Perillo the hot cop that lives right behind her. As she finds out after chasing sprinkles all over the place in her pj's . What a way to meet a hot guy , while you are picking up puppy poop .
  The murder of Lexy's ex has Joe investigating her and the bakery.  Someone used her cupcakes to murder him. They try and figure out who did it . And trying to clear Lexy's name . Will they be able to figure it out and will Lexy and Joe ever get together
  This was a fast read for me. The book was cute and fun to read. The book flowed great and the characters were very likable.  I love grandma Mona and her band of I pad toting grandmas. They were so cute. They helped Lexy out .
  This book helped me clear all the cobwebs out of my dark mind. It was the best way to take a reprieve from all the dark characters that have been running around in my brain lately. I am glad I got it . I fell into the cupcake inspired books . The only thing that I have with the book as it was too short. I so wanted it to last just a little bit longer. Not so easy to figure out who did it. But over all the book kept me entertained and reading. I want to read the rest of her books and check out her other series. So if you want a quick , fluffy summer read . While you are at the beach or pool , check them out .

No comments:

Post a Comment