Friday, February 26, 2016

welcome to UNINVITED friday

 Ok everyone out there in book land , have you ever read a book that just crept you out from the very first page .  Well that's what Mike Evan's new book did to me . It crept me out but in a good way . So let me tell you about UNINVITED .

                          BOOK BLURB

The best part about a book, is that moment you can put it down, and say at least that can’t happen in real life…..until now. The Uninvited will leave you checking your doors, locking your windows and skipping the weekend camping trip. Meet the stranger, a killer who is unbiased about who it chooses to be the victim, and never tires of the killing. If Dexter and Leather face had a baby The Uninvited would be their offspring. Smart, dark, twisted and disturbing is The Uninvited

                         MY REVIEW
 OK going to warn you all right off the bat , don't read this book at night and don't read this book when you are alone . There was such a great creep factor to this book that I haven't found in other books . The insanity starts on the very first page and it just keeps getting more insane as you read . This is a dark, twisted tale of a serial killer and the bloody mess he leaves behind and the dedicated police officers that are out to take him down . Will they actually take the masked man down and survive . You just never know.
   The characters in this book are so complex. We have the man in the mask , the serial killer and destroyer or all . He really freaked me out from the very beginning . Seriously thinking that he is the son of Jason and some unsuspecting victim. He was vicious and methodical the way he took down his victims .  All the victims from Steven and Christy to Traci , Isaac and the rest of the entourage . Are all feisty characters that fight valiantly to escape this maniac . They use everything they have to try and fight this monster. You want to scream at them to watch your back and get the hell out of there .
These characters will keep you sitting on the edge of your seat . You want them to survive and get home .  Even the men on the police force hunting down this maniac will keep you on the edge of your seat . You will want to cheer them on as they hunt down the man . Even to the point of to the death.
   I couldn't believe the twists and turns in this book . I got sucked into the story from the very beginning . I actually read this book under a blanket all curled up , it actually had me sleeping with the lights on and a baseball bat beside the bed . I should know don't start a book that starts out in an old farm yard at night . When you live in an old farm yard described on the first pages of the book . Every creak and moan had me up and checking locks and windows that night . Yes I admit I was freaked out .  The story is so good and reminds me of a good ole slasher book and movie that will take you to the edge of your seat and not let you off the hook for a moment . The twist at the end of the book through me for a loop and hand me rethinking who I thought it was. So if you want a book that will keep you on the edge of your seat and not let you sleep for a couple of nights . Check out the UNINVITED  you will not be disappointed .

No comments:

Post a Comment