Thursday, August 14, 2014

HAPPY THURSDAY ALL

Today we have a guest reviewer and I know I am going to screw up spelling here name but I will try my best Karen Mandeville-Steer and she review Conklin's BluePrints by Brooke Page

BOOK BLURB

Recent graduate Becca Stine’s all too perfect and predictable life went spiraling out of control when her supposed childhood friend committed the ultimate betrayal. Following college, Becca attempts to bury the pain by retreating into a dangerous lifestyle with her best friend, Jamie Rae. She decides it’s time to grow up after being irresponsible, broken, and out of control. To Becca’s horror, her only option is to return to her hometown of Grand Rapids. Worried she will forever live in the shadow of her prominent family’s notability, Becca decides moving is her only opportunity to get her feet back on the ground. With her best friend in tow, Becca reluctantly heads home to attempt to live her ideal life.
Little does Becca know the owner of the architecture firm she lands a job with has an intriguingly mysterious son. Tyler Conklin is infatuated with Becca, yet is apprehensive about a public relationship because of his hidden baggage. Not wanting anyone to know about his slight obsession with her, their potential relationship must be kept a secret. Will Becca put up with Tyler’s untold story for long? Will she tolerate being his secret?
KAREN'S REVIEW

Conklin's Blueprints, by new author Brooke Page, is the first book in Conklin's Trilogy. It is a real novel about an amazing love story that does not put you in a land of make believe. I was glued to the book from the first word. I finished in less than two days. It is an amazing story with hot love scenes. Tyler Conklin is every thing a lady wants in a man. Once again, my list of book boyfriends has grown!

Wow... This book is from a new author AND this is her first ever book. REALLY? I'm stunned, amazed and in awe. Brooke Page has amazing talent and I predict she will go far with her writing career. I don't usually read plain vanilla romances because they are just fairy tales and I stopped believing in those a long time ago. Conklin's Blueprints was a definite exception. This book has believable REAL characters. Yes, they have scars and they have issues and baggage, but even those are real and believable. I immediately related to Becca, the female lead. I felt as if I could actually be her. I wish I was her!

This is the beginning of a great love story that is not easily forgettable. Better yet, it's also a story of two people coming together due to a chance meeting and then beginning the process of helping one another heal. I fell in love with the two main characters. There are other characters I either loved, hated or felt sorry for. I yelled at time. I cried at times. I laughed at times. Then toward the end, I cheered out loud so much that my family thought I was crazy! That's how much I got involved in the story. I felt as though I was in it with the characters as a friend. I wanted to hug Brooke for courage. But enough! You'll have to find out all of this yourself by one clicking now!
The characters and plot are well developed and the plot moves smoothly. The dialogue is flawless. I was unable to put this book this down and read it in one sitting. Despite being part of a series, the book is written as a full novel rather than the ever popular novella that is so frustrating to me. After completing this book, I immediately one clicked the second book in the series, as I was not yet ready to leave Tyler and Becca. There is no cliffhanger but rather more to experience. I highly recommend this book...





























No comments:

Post a Comment