Wednesday, August 20, 2014

welcome to hump day Wednesday hope your week is going good

Welcome to hump day . Today I am getting off to a slow, and I mean slow start. the thunder and lightning was a big wake up call at two in the morning so today is intravenous coffee drip day. I will survive lol. So onto my book review . Today I am going to review the new book by Jessica Aspen's new book GHOSTS OF CHRISTMAS PAST (haunted holidays book 1)

BOOK BLURB
Jen MacNamara flees the Christmas wedding of her best friend and cheating fiancĂ© and runs to the country to spend the holiday alone. It's the perfect plan, until her unexpectedly sexy neighbor and landlord, Nate Pierce, insists on bringing the holiday to her—complete with a Christmas tree, hot chocolate, and an unexpected kiss.

And that’s not Jen’s only problem.

The cozy country farmhouse is already occupied by something evil. Now Jen’s nights are spent wrapped in sensual dreams of a past life, and her days growing closer to Nate as they solve the mystery of the malevolent ghost that haunts not only the house, but also wants Jen dead.

Explore Jessica Aspen's new world of contemporary, new adult, Gothic romance with her new series of short paranormals: Haunted Holidays.


MY REVIEW
   I fell in love with Jessica Aspen when I found her first book in the TALES OF THE BLACK COURT TALES. Since then I have well lets just say kind a stalked around Jessica's page and grabbed her new releases up. I loved her paranormal stories so when I saw that she started a new world of new adult romance with a mix of paranormal. I was intrigued. I knew she could write about fairies and twisted fairy tales. Now I was excited when I got this book. As I read the blurb I went ooooh this could be good it takes us back to a past life and a ghost story. I love a good ghost story and I love a good romance. So combining them is the cats meow for this girl
   As  I started reading I met Jen Mcnamera a girl running away from a wedding of her best friend and her ex boyfriend and an overbearing mom. Just wanting time alone. She comes to the farmhouse that Nate is renting to her. Oh Nate is hot and so damaged from a past relationship. All he wants at the beginning is to rent out the farmhouse to pay his brothers off and maybe have a holiday lay.
  As the story progresses poor Jen is terrorized by a ghost and Nate and her have to work together to get to the bottom of the reason of the haunting. As they work together they realize that they are growing closer and realizing that they are great together. But will they survive the ghost and the past to claim their future
  For a first book in the contemporary romance , Jessica hit it out of the park. She takes a ghost story an mixes in a love story that goes from the past to the present. The story flowed flawlessly between the past and the present. There were some really steamy scenes also. Both in the past and the present.
  Jessica's characters are always well written and it is true about these characters. Even the ghost is well written and oh boy she is evil and selfish. You can see the characters evolve and grow with each turn of the page. Even though this is a ghost story it is also a love story between two people and you can feel the love story coming through.
 This was a sexy page turning novella which will take you into the past to help understand the present. So if you want to read a suspenseful sexy story that has a terrifying ghost and a hot and sexy couple check out Jessica's new book .  I give it a five star rating  and I want you to add it to your reading list today

No comments:

Post a Comment