Tuesday, July 4, 2017

GOOD TUESDAY ALL

 Good Tuesday all and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL MY AMERICAN READERS . Today we are going to review ALICE THE WANDERLAND CHRONICLES by JM Sullivan


                         BOOK BLURB 


   
#AlwaysProtectYourQueen
**Readers' Favorite Five Star Review Recipient**

Ever since the outbreak of the Plague, life hasn’t been easy, and for seventeen-year-old Alice Carroll, it just got worse. Her sister, Dinah, has contracted the ‘un-deadly’ Momerath Virus and without a cure, will soon be worse than dead. She’ll be momerath.

Alice must leave the safety of the Sector and venture into Momerath Territory to find the antidote - if it exists. Chasing a rumor about a mysterious doctor with the cure, Alice falls down the rabbit hole into Wanderland, where ravenous momerath aren’t the only danger lurking.

                        MY REVIEW 

     I was intrigued when I read the blurb for this book. Basing the story of Alice in Wonderland and turn it into a zombie book . Now I have read many a retelling of Alice but this one took me to a totally different mind set . Imagine having all the characters that are in Alice in the apocalypse . So let me introduce you to Alice and the gang .
 Ever since the plague has spread life has been hard for Alice and her sister Dinah . When her sister gets sick she has to venture out of their safe haven to look for a cure . But will she survive to get back to save her sister . 
     The characters are classic Alice with a twist . The author takes us to a place where you can't trust anyone and everyone is hiding something .  Alice kind of annoyed me at the beginning because she was so naïve and trusting in everything . As you get into the story we see her grow into a confident ass kicking machine . She grows up so much in the book . Chess is my favourite character , he is the Cheshire cat in human form . He is flighty and always talking in riddles , aggravating Alice . Yes I know you are wondering is the Queen in this story , yes she is not really nice . Dr Abbott reminds me of the wizard and does such a good job. The rest of the cast is there also helping or hindering Alice in her travels .  
    I really enjoyed this book and the concept of the apocalypse . I read this book in a weekend ,The author takes us on a journey that will have you sitting on the edge of your  seat. The characters were well written and complex and you will fall in love with Alice and Chess. But I felt like in a few spots it dragged just a bit but once the story gets going there is no stopping them . I really got into the story at chapter 3 and then couldn't put the book down . I can't wait to see where the author takes these characters . So if you want a different retelling of Alice and you like zombies and the apocalypse . This will be the story for you . Put it on your summer reading list
I was given this book by the publisher for an honest review . 

No comments:

Post a Comment