Friday, December 14, 2018

WELCOME TO FRIDAY ALL

Since her childhood, Ingrid has been in love with thriller, mysteries, and horror. She grew from reading Nancy Drew and Francine Pascal to reading Brandon Massey, Michael Romkey, and Tananarive Due. It was after watching A Nightmare on Elm Street that inspired her into writing her own stories. In addition to her love of writing, she is the founder of 1287 Pictures, a production company that will produce horror and thriller films. Ingrid currently resides in Northern California, and is looking forward to thrilling, and scaring you with more to come...


AUTHOR INTERVIEW 


When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? 


In 6th Grade when I wrote my first soap opera. It was something for fun to have my friend’s read during recess. It was solidified the same year when I wrote a book of poetry for an art project and it won an award.


How long does it take you to write a book? 

For my novella it took three months.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

Mainly at night, sometimes between 2-4 hours per night.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

I like building dialogue where physical altercations follow afterwards. 1980s' Dynasty was excellent in that regard.

How do your books get published?

My debut novella HaUNTED is published independently through Southern Owl Publications.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

Research for medical and police based dialogue, the news and scenarios that I concoct in my head.

When did you write your first book and how old were you?

10 years old.

What do you like to do when you're not writing? 

I love watching horror movies. Cam and Pooka are on my watch list as a must see. Collecting vinyl, music is such a vital part of my life. Baking, hiking, playing really bad pool, collecting and reading graphic novels and comic books.

What does your family think of your writing?

When my mother threw away my soap operas when I was younger I did bother to share with her anymore. Fast forward to 2018 and she asked if she could read HaUNTED and she really liked it. My niece enjoyed the book as well, along with my boyfriend who promotes it every chance he gets.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

That I can be as descriptive and intense as I want. 

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

HaUNTED is my first and my favorite, naturally. 

Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

Be yourself. Create characters and stories of your choosing. Every writers approach to drafting the story will be different. Some like to outline, others may work on the characters essence. Dedicate to write even if it is an hour a day. Make your area where you write a haven that you want to come to until the book is completed.

Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

Sometimes, most post their reviews online. One reader said they really enjoyed the story and did not put the book down until finished. Others want a sequel.

Do you like to create books for adults? 

Yes. The subject matter in my books are adult themed.

What do you think makes a good story?

The plot, tone, characters, and the overall universe the story is in.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

Become an actor, which I did.

Any books in the works?

Yes. It will be the second book to HaUNTED. Not necessarily a sequel however, it introduces a character that is mentioned in HaUNTED.

What are your plans for the future? 

Staying focused on the present, one day at a time, as I have a lot planned.

               HaUNTED: A Novella


You never know who you can trust...

Camille Isaacs has all that Hollywood devours - likability, looks, talent, and mass appeal. Her career is on the verge of stardom until a savage attack leaves Camille scarred and uncertain of her future in Hollywood. Now on the mend and getting her life and career back on track, Camille finds herself prey to a predator as she is faced with another demented attacker. Camille has a choice to make. Take her life back, or succumb to the perils that have been thrust in front of her yet again. Is the attacker coming for revenge, or is it a copycat? It's survival of the direst circumstance. Can she make it out a second time?





No comments:

Post a Comment