Thursday, August 6, 2020

WOOHOO ONE MORE DAY TO THE WEEKEND

  Good Thursday all , hope everyone is staying cool . Today I have the first book in a brand new series by Plum Pascal. MASKED  a reverse harem .


                            BOOK BLURB

  Being kidnapped by a coven of masked men isn’t on my bucket list…
My name is Miranda Rourke.  And I’m a witch.
When I’m kidnapped from my small and boring town of Tiller, Georgia, I find myself in a near-perfect reproduction of my apartment.
Except it’s not my apartment.
And I’m being held here against my will.
While playing prisoner, I’m visited by various masked men, all of whom claim that I’m important for some type of ritual. A ritual no one will talk about…
But it’s one man in particular who grabs my attention.
Erik is different from the other men—there’s something about him that hints to the fact that he’s actually a decent person beneath his masked exterior. Maybe it’s his boyish smile, or his warm eyes…
Or maybe I’m kidding myself and I’m just another example of Stockholm Syndrome at work.
Either way, I’ve got to escape before I find out what this ritual is all about. Because, by then, it may be too late...


                         MY REVIEW
   Miranda is having one of those days , its her birthday and all she wants to do is have a nice quiet night but her best friend Violet lets it slip that they are having a surprise party for her . It seems that the party goes from bad to worse . When Law - law gives Miranda her mothers grimoire . Things tend to get a little dicey as she wakes up in the exact replica of her apartment . When masked men come in and want her to show them her magic , things start to go weird . Except of one man with the cutest smile and the sexiest eyes . There is more to him . Will Miranda get home to her family or will the men have her as part of their ritual . Will she come out of it alive . 

   This is the first book of a new series so we get to meet some cool new characters . Miranda is well she is a witch and it seems she is the talk of her small town and its not in a good way . She is feisty and when push comes to shove she will do anything to get out of the trap she is in.  In some ways she is naive but you see her start to shine as you read . Violet is her best friend and to me she just seems a little bit on the ditzy side . She lets things slip out that she isn't suppose to .  Erik the masked man that helps Miranda out is well he is sexy and has a killer smile . We get to see him play the hero and they really get to know each other .  They are well written and I can't wait to see how the author brings them together and how complex they will become . 

   This is one of those books that is a slow burn as it  is the first book it is a set up for what is to come . The author has a way that when you read her work you get sucked in . The characters are well written and you will love them or hate them depending on your mood . There are a few things that are going on this book , a kidnapping . magic. a different world and a cult . If that doesn't attract your attention just think of hot men wearing masks . This is a book that will have you sucked in by chapter 3 so check it out . I promise it will be a fast read that will have you wanting more . A great curl up in a hammock book for your summer . 

No comments:

Post a Comment