Thursday, June 8, 2017

GOOD THURSDAY ALL

  Good day all , I hope you are all having a great   Thursday . Today we are going to review GRAVE SURPRISE by Charlaine Harris . But this is the graphic novel not the actual book .


                            BOOK BLURB

 The official graphic novel adaptation of Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris, the author of The Southern Vampire Mysteries! Harper Connelly, a psychic capable of finding dead people and reading their last thoughts, discovers a grave in Memphis with two bodies: a man centuries dead, and a girl recently deceased. How the two bodies ended up together would be perplexing enough... but the sudden appearance of a third body the next morning makes this a mystery that perhaps even Connelly can't solve!

                             MY REVIEW 
   I  must say that Charlaine Harris is one of my go to authors when I want a witty  read , From her Sookie Stackhouse books to Harper Connelly books . I have read everyone of them. So colour me excited when I say that they made the first book from the Harper Connelly series into a graphic novel . Yes I decided to see how it was and man I wasn't disappointed . The graphic novel brought Harper to life for me . It was great to see her kick some but and put her  brother in his place over and over . 
     So who is Harper you ask, well she is a physic that hears dead people and with her step brother they go around helping people . She is a strong kick butt character that only wants to help people but things are always there tripping her up . Toliver is her step brother and he helps Harper any way he can . They are such a formidable pair . I really like the character of Harper . she is tough and fragile at the same time . Charlaine writes such strong female characters that  you can't help but fall in love with .
   This isn't a new book by the author but it is a republished book in the form of a graphic novel . The characters take on a new dimension and seem to come alive more as you read . It really brings a new renewed excitement for the Harper Connelly series . The art is dark and it just adds to the whole eeriness of the story line and ties in seamlessly with the story . I must say that the graphics add a whole new dimension to the story and refreshes it nicely .  I am so truly happy that her books are becoming graphic novels . Trust me I will be getting these books in hard copy form so I can add them to my ever growing graphic novel selection . So if you at into graphic novels and love Charlaine Harris check out her graphic novels . You will not be disappointed 
 I was given a copy of the book through the publisher and netgalley for my honest opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment