Monday, July 22, 2024

HAPPY MONDAY ALL

   Good morning my peeps . I hope you all are having a great summer so far and surviving the heat . It has gotten so hot on the farm my house has turned into a meat locker. Which gives me a great excuse to snuggle under a blanket and get caught up on some great summer reads. Today I have for you book 3 in the  Daughter of the Moon series . THE STAR  by Hp Mallory.


                            BOOK BLURB 



KATE:

I’m finally getting used to being a Daughter of the Moon.

Getting used to living in my aunt’s wacky castle in Vermont, getting used to my enormous… assets, and getting used to living with a talking goat, an annoying shrunken head, and my oafish barbarian of a protector.

The thing I haven’t quite wrapped my head around? The fact that my mother is now living in a nudist colony up the street .And that’s not the worst of it.

Apparently, my mother has her own set of powers, she’s bumping uglies with my protector, and she won’t keep her nose out of my business.

But everything is taking a backseat to the fact that I’m worried my new vampire friend, Gray—a man I met while strolling the dream-world—might not be the man I hope he is.

In fact, he happens to be my #1 enemy.Or he used to be. But he’s been atoning for his mistakes for the last thirty years, so I’m hoping he’s found his way to the light. Otherwise, the fact that I’m harboring a major crush on him isn’t going to go down so well.

And that’s not the only crush I’ve got (ahem, enter sexy magician, Luke), but life is complicated and I guess so am I.

Regardless, I’ve got a new tarot card mission (The Star) I need to conquer so I can find out what new power I’ve earned which hopefully will help me in the battle between light and dark…


                     MY REVIEW 
 Welcome back to Vermont . Kate is finally starting to get the hang of everything that is going on in her life and what it means to be a daughter of the moon. There are a few things that she still hasn't like why her mother is living down the street and worse yet she is living in a nudist colony and what is with the secret room and the man hanging in a cage in the secret room. Kate finds out that her mom has her own set of powers that may or may not help her with her fight between the light and the dark. So between figuring out what to do about the two men in her life and trying to wrangle her mom and finding the new power from the mission she is being sent on . Her life is pretty full and going to get wild with each passing day. Yes Yolanda and Rocco are back and reeking havoc where ever they go. 

   Kate and the gang are back and well lets say life is getting very interesting for poor Kate. She is taking everything in stride but people are getting on her nerves (her mother bonking her guard is just one of them)  She hasn't really come into her powers yet, so we see her struggle but we also see her pull through the attacks that are happening . She is getting stronger everyday . Grey is well he is her enemy but also she is attracted to him.There are moments she actually at the mercy of his desires and doesn't believe what Luke is trying to tell her. She is honestly fighting for her life and trying not to do down the dark and dangerous reality .The characters just keep getting better and honestly funnier with each book . 

   This is the third book in the series and it starts from where book two stopped, and has added more chaos ( mom) and actually a lot of laughter through out the book. The cast of characters are getting better and better. I am loving this series and can't wait to see what happens next. So if you want a fun summer read this is the series for you. Perfect for reading by the lake or pool. Check it out you won' t disappointed 

No comments:

Post a Comment