Monday, March 24, 2014

GOOD MONDAY MORNING , EVERYONE

Good Monday everyone. hope you all had a wonderful weekend full of reading and more reading.
  I finished up a very dark book called HER MASTER'S COURTESEAN. by Lily White.

BOOK BLURB
 I am a Master.

You must know this fact to understand my story.

I capture women.

I break them down.

And I rebuild them.

If they are lucky, they are sold into the professional hands of another Master. If they are less fortunate, they are buried beneath the ground, never to be thought of again.

I lust for the control, I demand absolute submission and my body yearns to warp the minds of those I train.

Power is the only thing I’ll ever need and I am addicted to the feeling of ultimate control.

I am wealthy, good-looking, educated and charming.

And I am - in no way - a good man.

I do not want love.
I do not want kindness.

She thought she could change me by giving me the two things I knew I never wanted.

She was wrong.


MY REVIEW
  Ok first things first. I know this book was banned on Amazon because of the cover. This book is dark and I mean dark.  If you are looking for a light fluffy love story . This isn't the book for you. It comes with a warning on the very first page. This a dare erotic book , it goes to places that other books in genre don't go. 
    Rebecca is a young woman who fits the profile of the ideal courtesan. She is kidnapped by a Master, Aiden. who is to train her into becoming the perfect pet. But Rebecca has other things in mind. She is a fighter but as Aiden breaks her she comes to realize that she likes the pain and pleasure that Aiden ,Master. can deliver.  She slowly weaves her way into his heart as he trains her.  As she work her way through what has happened in her past. If she wants to stay with her Master, they must train another to take her place. Her best friend . As we find out about Rebecca's past and the humiliation that she has gone through. We understand both of them a little better. They may have feeling for each other but I say again this isn't a romance story. Both of these characters are broken in their own ways. They are together but he will always be her master and she will always be his courtesan.
    This is the first book I have read from Lily White. I actually found out about this author when her book was banned from Amazon. So of course being the curious person I am. I went and starting looking for the book . Wanting to see what all the hub bub was about. I am very glad I did. This book took me to the depths of hell and back up again. Lily writes the characters with such passion and desire. The tale is woven over utter submission of one person to another. I am going to admit this . I actually had to put the book down a couple of times and pick up a Archie comic . Just cause it was so intense I needed to decompress a bit before picking it back up.  There is so many moments where you go OH MY GOD and WTH is he doing . You want to just shake the hell out of each of them . You also want to slap the best friend and old boyfriend when you find out what happened to Rebecca. Makes you rethink going away with someone.
   The story is told from both points of view. So you really get to feel the emotions of the characters . Boy you really get to feel the emotions.
 So I leave you with this warning . READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.  The characters will get under your skin and the ending will leave you speechless.  This Dark story will leave you reeling and wondering . The tears will fall and you will be reading well into the night . So puffy eyes and a book hangover will happen. But you will not be disappointed especially with the ending . Its not a happy ending but it is in away .
  
       

No comments:

Post a Comment