Saturday, November 11, 2017

GOOD SATURDAY



    Good Saturday all , today we have another victim in our NOVEMBER TO DISMEMBER  blog interview in conjunction with READING ZOMBIE . Lets all welcome Roma Gray to the blog

Hi Roma thank you for coming here today
Thanks for having me


 tell us a bit about yourself 
My name is Roma Gray and I write horror-fusion stories with a Halloween flavor about them. I call them Trick-or-Treat Thrillers.I live in Oregon, have a dog, cat and a parrot. I started writing when I was 8 and I have 5 books and nearly 30 short stories published

 Tell us about your books 
I have several books out, The Hunted Tribe: Declaration of War (teen witch against a dinosaur animal spirit), Jurassic Jackaroo: Jasper’s Junction (gunslinger holds a contest between criminals to see who joins him on a safari to hunt an dinosaur animal spirit), Haunted House Harbor: Humanity’s Hope (during the zombie apocalypse, survivors discover a town where the zombies are scared to go. But the town has it’s own dark past…) and Celebration of Horror 1: The Best of Roma Gray (Five short tales of terror on various holidays).


 Do you have a specific writing style 
I focus on strong characterization in all of my stories. 

 Where did your interest in writing originate  
From my love of Halloween.

Do you read your reviews and what do you do when you find a bad review
I’m happy to say I don’t get that many bad reviews. But when I do, I remember not everyone likes everything.If I agree with the comment, then I make a mental note to avoid that flaw in the future.

Do you have any writing rituals, 
I like to write in the morning. It’s the best time of day…because there’s coffee…lol!

 Do you hide little tidbits in your stories that only a few people will get 
Very much so. I’m very subtle, though. All of my books have tons of hidden clues. In Hunted Tribe 2 (coming out next year) readers will finally learn what the clues were in Hunted Tribe 1

If you had to do something differently as a child or teenager , to help you become a better writer what would it be
Just write more

how long on average does it take for you to write your books 
Depends on the size and complexity and how many interruptions I get. I wrote the JJ in 40 days. That was my shortest time ever.

Do you believe in writers block 
I don’t get it very often to be honest. Oh heck, I just jinxed myself...

NOW FOR SOME FUN QUICK QUESTIONS 

COFFEE TEA OR OTHER 
Coffee 

FAVOURITE JUNK FOOD 
Taco salads 

FAVOURITE CHILDREN'S BOOK 
Harry Potter 

HAVE YOU GOOGLED YOURSELF 
No but I will now 

LAST BUT NOT LEAST 

What would you tell any aspiring writer out there 
Have your work professionally edited, but still learn the basic rules like comma placement. 
It takes many eyes to edit your work properly. And be critical of critical Beta reader reviews.
Stay true to the internment of the work. Don’t add or take away something unless you honestly feel it will 

where can we find you at 
and on face book 

No comments:

Post a Comment