Monday, July 11, 2022

GOOD EVENING ALL

 Good evening all , been busy on the farm and almost forgot about this one . DRUID'S CURSE (book 18 in the Haven Hollows series) by Hp Mallory and J.R Rain . 


                            BOOK BLURB 



Something Wicked to Haven Hollow Comes...

At least, I hope it’s not wicked.

What is it? A book.

But it’s not like any book you’ve ever heard of or seen before.

First off, it’s animated, and I swear it acts like a little dog, complete with a wagging red bookmark tail.

Secondly, the only person who can read it or see any of the pictures within the ancient and worn leather binding is my thirteen-year-old son, Finn.

The book, which Finn names ‘Vellum,’ randomly shows up outside my door at Poppy’s Potions one night and begs to be let in.

As if that weren’t enough to cause the hair on the back of my neck to sit up and take notice, Vellum has an owner. And a few days later, I meet that owner.

His name is Alixandre Osmont, and he’s a traveling magician. Only, he’s a magician who really possesses magic.

Not only that but there’s something about Alixandre that seems strangely… familiar, though I’m sure I’ve never set eyes on him before. Yet, my soul doesn’t seem to agree.

Oh, and Alixandre just happens to be gorgeous with a capital G, and he’s British and has a voice that could melt glass.

But I digress.

Anyway, while constantly reminding myself I have a caring, loving, and wonderful boyfriend in Marty, I can’t help but feel guilty regarding this strange and overpowering attraction I have to another man.

And, what’s stranger still is that Alixandre seems to return my same bizarre and confusing feelings.

It’s not long before my personal life is in turmoil, and that’s when I learn Finn is in trouble.

The only person I can turn to, the only person who can help me fight off the dark powers trying to gain control of my son, is Alixandre.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place, I do what any caring mother would—I go after my son and damn the consequences.


                        MY REVIEW 
 Welcome back to Haven Hollow, where strange things happen all the time . Poppy one day finds a book but it is not an ordinary book . It is alive well as alive as a book can get . It acts just like a puppy dog and takes a shining to Finn, Poppy's son. He and Vellum are becoming the best of friends now and he is the only one that can read the words that appear in them .When Alixandre shows up in town to search for the book. Poppy feels the connection between the two of them . Its is electric and they feel like they have met before . That throws Poppy for a loop and she wonders what could happen between her and Marty . When she has to have Alixandre help get her son back from the darkness that is starting to surround him . Will they be able to save Finn and will they understand what power Finn carries inside him . 

  Omg what can I say about these characters that haven't been said before.I love that Finn got a bigger part in this story , He is growing up and it is great to see him doing more . He is a bright sweet boy who loves his mom but wants to be more then just her son. Marty is back and sweet as ever . He reminds me of the all american guy who will do anything to help you out I love his bumbling innocent sometimes but over all he is a great guy . Alixandre is well he is like a breath of fresh air . He is a great guy with special powers that will help everyone out . He is mysterious also . But my favourite character is Vellum the book that is like a puppy dog . It is so sweet how it acts like a puppy and you just want to actually cuddle it . 

  This is one of those books you can take out and read at the beach or the park. It is funny and sweet and you can' read it in an afternoon. This is one of those fast paced books that will have you giggling all the way through. The authors have a wicked sense of humor when it comes to this series and each book gets better and better . If you want a summer beach read check out this series you will fall in love with the characters and the stories .

No comments:

Post a Comment