Tuesday, September 6, 2022

BACK AFTER A GREAT LONG WEEKEND

  Good afternoon peeps hope you all had a great weekend and if you have a long weekend like I did hope it was the last hurrah for the summer . Today I have for you the 4th book in the Gates of the Underworld series by Hp Mallor and J.R Rain. GOD OF WAR . 


                           BOOK BLURB



  The Fourth Gate of the Underworld is a landscape of ice and death…

The first three gates were no walk in the park, but when I arrive at Gate Four, I face all new horrors.

Led by the infamous Fallen God, Chaena, Gate Four is a land of neverending winter, of ice and snow amid a blizzard that could put Minnesota weather to shame.

As if the weather wasn’t bad enough, this level of the Underworld is also guarded by ice fae, whose touch is lethal and who seem like they really want to touch me.

At least I have the hunky Adonis by my side—a man who has become my friend, my protector, and my lover.

Strangely enough, I’m starting to believe I might be able to add one other person to that list (er, not the lover part)… Hades, The Lord of the Underworld, the supreme god of this terrible place.

Right.

Believe it or not, Hades keeps popping in at the most unexpected moments to deliver me from whatever awfulness I’m facing. And he’s got a message for me: he’s rooting for me, whatever that means.

I can only hope I survive Gate Four and Chaena’s deathly winter so I can make it to the Fifth Gate and finally face-off with Ares.


                       MY REVIEW 
   Pen and Adonis are on their way to gate four and if you thought the last three gates were hard this one is the worse yet .Gate four is a winter waste land where if the cold doesn't kill you the ice fairies will . Hades keeps popping in and taunting Pen at the most awkward times and if that isn't enough . Ares the  God she is suppose to fight is dream walking to her and they are having some unorthodox reactions to each other . What is a girl / demigoddess to do , pray that she can get through the gate and then get to the man she is going to face off with to get her sister back . 

 Pen and Adonis are back and they are getting better then ever . Pen is having a bit of crisis  of fate and heart right now . She is trying to figure what is going on and how she is going to survive . She is stronger then she realizes and will do almost anything to get to her sister . Time is running out and she knows it so it adds pressure to an already hot situations . She is really growing as a character . Adonis is well he is still hot and willing to do anything to keep Pen safe. They are growing stronger but I feel they are also growing a little apart from each other  you can feel it . Hades is well he is as rogue as ever , he is the cad that just shows up at the most awkward times just to try and get Pen and shake her confidence.  We also get to finally see more from Ares and what makes him tick . We find out a bit of his back story and honestly I think he is just a misunderstood God that was screwed over by a goddess. 

  This is the book 4 in the series and I am thinking it is one of the better books in the series . We get a lot of back story about Ares which is fun to read about . The authors really do paint a great sweeping picture of the Gates and what they go through in each gate . I am really enjoying this series and can't wait to see where the authors take us in the book . I can't wait to see Pen and Ares finally square off . So if you want a great series for this fall check it out . 

No comments:

Post a Comment