Tuesday, March 14, 2023

ITS TUESDAY

 Good morning my peeps, hope your Monday was good and you found some time to read. Today I have for you the first book in a brand new series by Hp Mallory and J.R Rain. DANCE WITH THE DEAD book one in Gwen's Ghosts series. 


                           BOOK BLURB



 From the time I was eight years old, I could see ghosts.

One ghost in particular occupied most of my attention: Petra Shearwater.

That was mostly because Petra decided to become my forever tagalong, traveling with me from the small, English country town of Morley-on-Avon, where she’d died, to the bustling cosmopolitan city of The Big Apple.

Now, thirty-four years later, as a mystery novelist just out of a lackluster fifteen-year relationship, I’m in need of a new start and some inspiration for a new book.

So, I find myself setting off for the one town that captured my interest all those years ago: Morley-on-Avon.

And, yes, Petra is along for the ride.

Now at the fresh age of forty-two, I’m looking for a new start, a new book, and even new love—something I’m hoping to find with the local blacksmith named Leo.

Leo seems to be all contradictions: hulking but shy, soft-spoken yet enormous, boyish yet in his mid-forties.

What I’m not planning on, however, is that the little cottage I’ve moved into, called Bluebells, is haunted!

And I’m fairly sure that the ghost haunting it, Victoria Willis, is trying to tell me something about her death… a death I’m not convinced was an accident, as all the Morley locals might like me to believe…


                          MY REVIEW
 Gwen is a special woman , she has been able to see ghosts. After 15 years in a lackluster relationship  she needs to start a new life somewhere well anywhere . With her friend Petra they are off to Morley - on - Avon. Where Gwen wants to start a new life and write a new book and maybe find some love along the way with Leo. But. like all things there are pitfalls and when she moves into her little cottage and finds out it is haunted. Gwen thinks that she knows who is haunting her cottage  Victoria Wills is trying to tell them about her death and Gwen is convinced that it was murder.  Will Gwen and Petra be able to figure out what happened to Victoria and oh and have an idea for her next book and maybe a love life of some sort . 

   This is fun read and the characters are so much fun to read. Gwen is your average mystery writer but she has a secret that she can see dead people . Gwen is middle aged  which I like because she is my age and we get to see her start over again . She is fun loving and sweet and just wants a clean break. Petra is well she is Gwen's best friend and confidante as well as a centuries old ghost . She seems to balance Gwen out most of the time and is her ear when Gwen needs to talk things out. Leo is a sweet guy with a sweet soul. I must say that I can't wait to see where the authors take these characters if the first book is any indication they will be going on a wild ride. 

  This is the first book in a brand new series from these authors and I will admit it was a fun fast read. The authors have made some cool characters and a backdrop that can have very many adventures through out . The characters are well written and they can go up from there . I really can't wait to get my hands on book 2 . I honestly need more Gwen and Petra . If you want a fun fast read on how the two main characters met check it out .


No comments:

Post a Comment