Tuesday, February 20, 2024

GOOD TUESDAY EVERYONE

  Good Tuesday all, I am back from a little break , I hope that everyone is doing well and finding great books to read . Today I have for you book 3 in The Blood Rose Academy series . COLD BLOOD by Hp Mallory and JR. Rain 


                          BOOK BLURB 



  As a vampire, the last place I want to go is a town full of witches. But here I am, in the old west-themed town of Jinx Junction.

Good thing I’ve got Lorcan along for the ride.

So why do we find ourselves in this particular level of hell?

Because my uncle, Fox Aspen, gave me explicit instructions to meet him here. Why? I have no clue.

As to Jinx Junction? This town sucks the big one (and not in a cool, vampy sort of way), more like an unfriendly, witchy sort of way.

Not only are the inhabitants aching to hex me but there isn’t a whole lot to do.

And I’m missing my boyfriend, Rook, something fierce.

But back to the witches—the last thing I want to do is tick off anyone in this horrible place…

So, when I manage to seriously upset the sheriff of Jinx Junction, Lucretia Boline, well, I’m nervous it might be lights out for me.

Lucretia aside, I’m pretty sure there’s a reason why Uncle Fox was so emphatic about meeting him here.

I just hope that reason doesn’t get me killed.

For good.


                     MY REVIEW 
   Astrid and Lorcan are back and heading to of all places a hollow that is run buy a coven of witches that are shoot now an ask questions later. She doesn't understand why her uncle Fox is sending her there . With her new undead life she is heading there to see what is going on. Now with Lorcan on her side, she will be ok or so she thinks. With the head of the Hexus Rangers and the head of the coven. Who just wants to obliterate her from the face of the earth. She will survive and figure out why her Uncle Fox wanted her there and what is really going on in Jinx Junction. 

   Astrid and Lorcan are back and funnier than ever. Astrid is having a hard time with her undead life but Lorcan is there to help her out and guide her.  Astrid well she is still coming to terms with what happened to her at school. She is trying really hard not to be bitter about loosing her witch powers but she is also learning a lot about her other side, her fairy side. She is trying to figure out what is going on in town. When push comes to shove she truly finds out what she is made of and that it is made of iron and will . Well also get to meet some new characters . Meredith who is a young witch who can't do black magic and is really scared of her mother. She becomes a really good friend to Astrid and puts up a good fight with white magic instead of black magic the coven is known for.  Lorcan and Fox are back and well Lorcan is his debonair way that will make you smile . Fox is well you still don't know what he is up to most of the time . I love how the characters are growing and becoming more and more complex.

  I was so excited to see this book had come out . I really wanted to know how Astrid was doing since she became undead.  The story is a fun fast read that will have you giggling through out. I love this off shoot of the Haven Hollow series and it adds to the whole complexity of the hollow . The story is fun and has a lesson of you can do what needs to be done and save yourself when push comes to shove. I can't wait to see what is going on in the hollow in the next book. The characters are fun and you will fall in love with them . So if you want a fun read with great stories and fun characters check out the series .

No comments:

Post a Comment