Thursday, February 13, 2014

OK DAY TWO OF LOVE IS IN THE AIR

Hey all its Thursday and Valentine's day is tomorrow. Hope all you men are ready with those e readers and gift cards to give your lady love. I know my hubby has something but won't tell me anything. So for todays book . RAW by Belle Aurora. This is not a love story it is about a love story gone wrong

BOOK BLURB

***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.***

Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.
Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.
Best decision I ever made.
Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.
My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.
But the saying is true.
The world makes way for those who know where they are going.
That’s me.
I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.
But then there’s him.
I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.
He makes me feel.
It’s unconventional.
But it’s real.

I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.
So am I.

This isn’t a story.

This is my life.

***This book includes situations that some may find uncomfortable.
 
MY REVIEW
 
    When I got this book , I was listening to others talk in a book club. They were all saying how good it was and so I decided to give it a try . Boy I was glad I did. This book is twisted. Lexi our heroine first meets Twitch when she was six years old. She finds him in her back yard bleeding so she helps him out. Twitch ( his real name is Antonio Falcon) remembers her, As they both have very very crappy lives.. Twitch on the street at 16 and Lexi running away and ends up in Austraila with her foster mother. Fast forward. We find Lexi working for social services helping kids in need out . One day she senses someone watching her. When she gets home she is attacked and Twitch is there sto save her. As we find out he is her stalker and also a big wig in the drug trade . With the front of a plastics factory. As they start out with their relationship. Twitch is a dominant that wants to make Lexi his play toy. He wants to destroy her in many ways. Will they survive the whole relationship or will they actually come to love each other
   This book is twisted and I mean twisted. From the very beginning when little Lexi helps Twitch after she sees him in her back yard. To both of them growing up to be very different people.  Lexi the good girl and Twitch the hard nosed dominant , stalker. Who by the way is really sexy but still a stalker. I mean who lets their stalker into their house, Yes he did save her life but still he is a stalker. I kinda wanted to slap Lexi when she let him in and continued to have him in her house. But I digress. We do find out he is more then a stalker , and you do kind of feel a little bit better.
Belle has weaved a tale of two people that are desperate to be loved and that they are bound to be what they want to each other. You can feel the warring that is going on with Lexi. She is so torn between what Twitch makes her feel and her moral compass saying that Twitch is so bad for her. The way Belle builds it up to the twist at the end. It actually made me tear up at the end. You want to cheer for them even though we know that the love won't last for either of them . The act that made Lexi finally realize that Twitch and her couldn't be is so heart breaking , I am very glad that I picked up this book and took the chance. This is another book that gave me a book hangover. Cause I couldn't put it down. You really wanted to know what would happen and if they really do get the HAPPILY EVER AFTER. Which is all anyone ever wants.
  If you want a twisted tale of a love story that goes wrong. Please give RAW  a chance. Trust me you won't be disappointed .
I give this book a 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment