Thursday, June 16, 2016

GOOD MORNING WORLD .

   Good morning world, I hope your week is going well . Welcome to Friday eve , today we are going to review IT TAKES ONE ( An Audrey Harte novel) by Kate Kessler .

                            BOOK BLURB

"Deliciously twisted and genre-bending, Kate Kessler's positively riveting It Takes One boasts a knockout concept and a thoroughly unique and exciting protagonist, a savvy criminal psychologist with murderous skeletons in her own closet." -- Sara Blaedel
Criminal psychologist Audrey Harte is returning home after seven years.

Less than 24 hours later, her best friend is murdered.

Audrey is both the prime suspect and the only person who can solve the case. . .
                           MY REVIEW
 Ok I am a big mystery and thriller reader, I can read those books all night long, This one caught my eye right away. I settled in thinking ok this is going to be awesome a psychologist with a hidden past and the trials of her going home . I had so many delicious evil thoughts running through my head . I mean it just screams murder and mayhem will ensue . Audrey Harte is going home and is still harbouring some secrets from her past . When her best friend is murdered she is looking like the only suspect in the murder.
   What can I tell about this book yes it is a murder mystery but it is pretty light on the murder part of it . We find our main character Audrey having all sorts of trouble when she gets home . from her drunken father to her best friend Maggie getting murdered . We don't see her break down at any time we see Audrey kick ass and always in the confrontational mood .  I don't think we ever get to see the tender side of Audrey. She kind of annoyed be at the beginning but she does kind of grow on you . There is a big cast of characters in this book , too many to mention and they all seem to be up to their own agenda and everyone is hiding something . We never really get into each character .
   This is a mystery book with a light emphasis on murder . It seemed like the author was taking us of in so many different directions . I was loosing some interest in the book . I found myself kind of drifting .Maybe there was just too much going on , the murder , Audrey's secret and yes romance with the boy of her past . I think there was just too much going on in my opinion 
  Over all this was a well written book and if you like a book  that has murder, romance and mystery this is the book for you. This was a pretty fast read and you could read it by the pool or at the lake . So check it out  if you want

No comments:

Post a Comment