Friday, June 10, 2016

good Friday all



Did you know today is National Iced Tea Day? In honor of the occasion, author Rose Chandler Johnson has her devotional(God, Me, and Sweet Iced Tea) and her novel(My Father's House) for free on Kindle! You can read about the books below and be sure to grab them up!

In the South, nothing is more refreshing than a glass of sweet iced tea. Nothing, that is, except experiencing God in those small, everyday moments. God, Me, and Sweet Iced Tea is a deeply personal collection of spiritual treasures designed to help readers experience new mercies each morning. Seasoned with insight and grace, this tender devotional points to the divine presence of God in everyday moments. Whether purchased as a personal resource or given as a heartfelt gift, God, Me, and Sweet Iced Tea will help readers develop a daily habit of turning to God in those quiet moments of reflection.
Growing up, life is idyllic for Lily Rose Cates due to one constant – her father’s love. But in her sixteenth summer, all that changes without warning. There begins Lily’s struggle to find herself and the life she’s lost. . . . Marriage promises fulfillment, but her happily­ever­after barely survives the honeymoon. Her husband’s sophisticated façade hides a brooding man with even darker secrets. When all illusions shatter, Lily must make hard choices – abandon her husband or risk losing much more than her marriage. She flees their home in Detroit and sets out on a fearful journey to a house in Georgia that her husband knows nothing about. This is one woman’s compelling tale of love and survival as she finds her way back home to who she’s meant to be . . . in her father’s house.

About Rose:

What defines me as a person­­first and foremost my relationship with Christ. Then I have to say my children. I have six children, three sons and three daughters, whom I love with all my heart. I graduated college wanting to be a writer and a stay at home mom. After my divorce, I became a teacher and the writing became a once in a while thing. I have worked in education for the last 20 years. Currently, I'm a high school French teacher. (Oui, je parle francais.) In 2008, I started writing again. Mostly I write about God in my everyday life, how to connect faith to daily life, and figure out practical applications for Scripture to carry into my day. God's goodness has given me strength for each step of the way. Let's encourage one another and have fun too on this blog. Oh, by the way, I'm a Southern girl. Born in Georgia, and have lived in Martinez (suburb of Augusta, GA) for the last twenty­seven years.
Visit her on her blog|Twitter|Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment