Wednesday, August 25, 2021

HAPPY HUMP DAY ALL

  Good morning all welcome to the back side of the week . Today I have book two in the young ballers series . HERE TO STAY  by Cassandra Cripps.


                           BOOK BLURB



   I was king of the basketball court until someone leaked photographs from a party.

Now I may have lost it all, my spot on the team and my athletic scholarship.
I won’t stop until I get them back.
But even that won’t be enough.
It’s not enough ruling my college campus, not if I’m by myself.
I want her, the feisty single mother I met over the summer.
She gave me the keys to her house, but I want more.
I want the keys to her heart.
She’s my queen, and I want all of her.
She thinks I’m too young, that it won’t last.
I’ll prove her wrong.
Do whatever it takes to win her over and convince her I can be the man she needs.
That I’m here to stay.
I’m not stopping until she’s mine.
All of her.


                       MY REVIEW 
 Ethan and Delilah are trying to navigate trying to be a couple while he is back in college for his last year of school. Ethan is king of the court and glad to be back after the scandal that his his friend got them into during the summer . Each of them trying to keep themselves busy as they are separated . Self doubts bubble up and will they be able to stay together or will they end up falling apart . 

  Ethan and Delilah's story continues and wow both characters really do a lot of developing and growing . Ethan is still as sexy as sin and dashing as ever but there is all a lot more maturity to him as he realizes what he really wants and needs in his life . He is the type of guy you want in your corner. Delilah seems to have grown and gone back a bit . You see some insecurities that she still has but as the book goes along you do get to see a lot of growth and wisdom come from her. When she finally lets go and follows her heart we really get to see her blossom. We also get to meet the friends of both Ethan and Delilah and they are the fun part of the book and we get some great giggles from them. I loved how these characters have grown and become more and more complex . 

  This is the second book in the series and it starts exactly where book one left off . The author takes us on an emotional rollercoaster . There are still a lot of hurdles for them to jump over and the author lets the characters feel their way through  each obstacle with a love that could rival anything.  There were a few questions that really didn't get answered in the book . I wish the author would of maybe put a bit more tension between the two main characters then brought them back together. That is the only thing that I felt the book needed .Over all I truly enjoyed this series and the age gap with the woman being older . I truly enjoyed that very much , it shows that us older women can still get the younger guy. So if you want a series that will have you laughing and blushing check out the Young Ballers series .  

No comments:

Post a Comment