Tuesday, June 24, 2014

welcome to episode 2 in the night shade series

Good Tuesday everyone . I want to welcome you to your weekly installment of the Night Shade series . Today's episode in entitled EXOTICA

BOOK BLURB
Bodies wash up on the Silver City beach all the time, but this one is different. Detective Geraldine Meyers is hot on the case, with help from medical examiner Dr. Rachel Hunter and anthropologist Dr. Kinsey DanAllart, uncovering the truth behind deaths at a popular new nightclub. Will they deduce a logical explanation for the murders? Or will the three friends uncover a deeper conspiracy hiding the truth about what's stalking their city's streets?


 MY REVIEW

 Welcome back t Silver City. Where the weird just gets weirder and the girls are back. Gerri is hot on another case of a body washed up on the shores. Rachel is ther examining the body trying to figure out what is going on. Along with Kinsey. They are called to a popular new nightclub called EXOTICA. Where they are looking for an explanation of the body count that seems to be rising as they speak. They are also trying to find who is selling the new deadly drug aptly named viper.
As they work  things get weirder and weirder.
  Patti has done it again in episode 2. We meet a couple of new characters in this episode. Cici, Gerri's shrink, but I believe there is more to Cici and she is going to be very useful to Gerri when she realizes there is more to her . Then there is Julian Black and Simone.  There is something very sinister with these two. Especially Simone . She has taken a interest to Dr. Kinsey. I hope that it turns out good not bad. The characters are getting better and better. The girls are becoming more and more complex as they grow. Patti is taking us on such an adventure. There is a cliff hanger in this book but holy what a cliff hanger and I am thanking the gods that I only have to wait till next Friday to get another fix.
  Patti has written these books like you are watching a tv series. I am so liking this concept, She does it so well. The twists and turns  keep you reading, The best scene so far I love it when Gerri finally turned around and just pummeled her partner. Who which I will tell you is a leech and a pervert in my opinion. I am thinking the only woman he hasn't hit on is Kinsey cause she is a civilian. 
  These books are starting to be my favorite summer indulgence. I curled up on my lounger the other day with an iced coffee and just started reading. Nothing would stop me from finishing the book. The action is great and the characters are driven and complex but yet easy to relate to .
So if you are thinking of looking for a summer read . I say check out the NIGHT SHADE CASES . I will say you will not be disappointed at all. They rock

No comments:

Post a Comment