Sunday, February 2, 2020

OK WELCOME TO SUNDAY

 Good Sunday all , I know I usually don't write a blog post on a Sunday but today I am making an exception. Today I have a book for you that will actually hit you in the heart and will make you love the people you are with just a little harder . OUT OF THE SHADOWS by Theresa Sederholt


                           BOOK BLURB 

 

Dane Johnson was like every other man in his thirties except for one very big secret. One that, for him, was so horrific, he was determined to keep it hidden. He thought it would never see the light of day—that is until today. His fragile world has crumbled around him. The past exposed for the world to see. Now the boy he tried so hard to keep safe might be gone forever.
This is a journey into one man’s hell, with the hope that it will help others find the strength to be able to say, “I need help.”

                            MY REVIEW 
   Dane  Johnson is hiding a horrible secret , one that he is ashamed of . Until the day that his and his son's world changed forever . Now the world will know what is happening every night when he is at home . With one action Dane might never see his boy again all because of one too many hits . Will they ever get out of the hell that they find themselves in and will people believe that the hell is coming from his wife . 

   Ok I am going to say this right now , I cried so hard all the way through this book . I felt such sadness for Dane and his son. Dane is a strong man in his 30's and he will do anything to keep his son safe. You will want to hug him and tell him that things will be ok and you will survive . Brady is his son who at thirteen has been through so much in his young life . I would love to have him as my son . He is brave and strong and he is an awkward teen ager wondering why his best friend is all of a sudden asking him to the Sadie Hawkins dance and trying out for cheerleading .  Abby is the guidance counselor that is a big help to both Dane and Brady . Now Julie well lets say she is just unhinged when you meet her you will hate her as much as i did . 

   So let me tell you I know that this author can write a book that will bring out all the feels for a person . This book hit my heart so hard from the very first page the author had my eyes welling up with tears . I so couldn't put this book down ,  The subject of abuse is taboo for most authors cause I feel that they can't or won't do the research on it . Well this author wrote this sad story with a love for the characters that came off the page . You just wanted to help out the two main characters and tell them that all will be all right . It shows that even men can be on the receiving end of the abuse and how they hide it even more then women .  This is so much more then a story on abuse it is also a story of redemption and living your life with out being scared . This author will make you cry your eyes out and then give you a big hug at the end of the book . So if you want a book that will have you hugging your loved ones just a little harder tonight this is the book for you . Give it a chance I promise you will not be disappointed . 

No comments:

Post a Comment