Monday, June 8, 2020

WELCOME BACK TO MONDAY

 Good morning all its Monday again and I must say that its a good day here . The reopening of my home province and finally and hubby and I can finally head to our favourite restaurant . If you can't get to your favourite place I have a great book for you to pass your time . SENSE AND SCENT ABILITY  (a paranormal woman's fiction book one ) by Renee George

                            BOOK BLURB 

 
My name is Nora Black, and I'm fifty-one-years young. At least that's what I tell myself, when I'm not having hot flashes, my knees don't hurt, and I can find my reading glasses.

I’m also the proud owner of a salon called Scents & Scentsability in the small resort town of Garden Cove, where I make a cozy living selling handmade bath and beauty products. All in all, my life is pretty good.

Except for one little glitch...

Since my recent hysterectomy, where I died on the operating table, I’ve been experiencing what some might call paranormal activity. No, I don’t see dead people, but quite suddenly I’m triggered by scents that, in their wake, leave behind these vividly intense memories. Sometimes they’re unfocused and hazy, but there’s no doubt, they are very, very real.
Know what else? They’re not my memories. It seems I've lost a uterus and gained a psychic gift.

When my best friend's abusive boyfriend ends up dead after a fire, and she becomes the prime suspect, I end up a babysitter to her two teenagers while she's locked up in the clink. Add to that the handsome detective determined to stand in my way, my super sniffer’s newly acquired abilities and a rash of memories connected to the real criminal, and I find myself in a race to catch a killer before my best friend is tried for murder.

                           MY REVIEW 
  Nora is living the simple life running a successful salon in the sleepy town of Garden Cove . She has her best friend and a special gift that she got while she was in for a hysterectomy . When her best friend is accused of murder of her abusive boyfriend it wll take everything Nora has to help her out and catch the killer before he strikes again .  

  Nora is the type of woman who knows what she wants and how to get it . She is fifty one years old and is feisty and she will fight for her friends . The characters in this story are well written and you care for all of them . They are a hoot to read and you will love them 

  This is a story that will have you hooting and hollering all the way through the book. The characters are well written and you will fall in love with them . The paranormal power is quirky and I have never read about what she can do .  The story will have you laughing all night long .  The author starts out really well when she is setting up the story but there are spots that it just felt like every other cozy mystery and all about solving the murder . Over all i really enjoyed this book and laughing hard through most of it . So if you want a good book for by the pool check it out 

No comments:

Post a Comment