Monday, November 14, 2022

TIME FOR BOOK FOUR IN READER ROUNDUP

  Good morning peeps, I am on book four for reader roundup. Today it is the second book in the Midlife Monsters. WORRIED BY WEREWOLVES by Margo Bond Collins.


                            BOOK BLURB



 More monsters? That’s the last thing I need.

I’m having a hard enough time trying to figure out how to juggle my life working my day-job as a website tester from home, raising my two children, and figuring out how to once again resume dating as I train to become a full-fledged member of the monster-hunting squad headed up by the gorgeous, enigmatic Anson Bentley.

So when I come up against werewolves running amok in my neighborhood big-box store? It’s more than I can deal with alone.

But if I’m going to survive—and more to the point, protect the people I love—I have to keep a handle on the creatures attacking us.

No matter how much they worry me.


                         MY REVIEW
 Jenna and the gang are back and this time they are tracking some werewolves running amuck in the local Wal-Mart.  Jenna thought she was getting a hang of being the chosen one and also trying to wrangle the kids and her day job. Well, she was wrong when she gets a call about two werewolves harassing people in the shopping center.  Things are different this time around the alpha has interest in the chosen one and her ex-husband wants to take her to court. Oh, then there is Bentley her boss who she kissed and kissed well. Hope she can get it together before Emma's cheerleading practice and will the PTA carnival survive.  

  Jenna well she is trying hard to get it all together, thinking she has it under control things go array. I love Jenna she is such a mom with everything she has to do. She is getting stronger and feistier as time goes on. She isn't taking flak from anyone anymore and is fighting mad. Bentley well he is still sexy and all alpha. We get to see him in action and in action as he puts on the moves on Jenna.  I truly love these characters and the fact that they are more my age, and they can kick some butt and still get it on. 

 This is the second book in the series, and I think it was such a much more fun read. The characters are becoming more and more complex and getting more of a story line. The author really has a way of writing her characters with a funny side. I laughed all the way through this book there were a few groans too but they were good groans. I can't wait to see who they come against in the next book. These would be great reads while taking a break from all the Christmas hustle and bustle.

No comments:

Post a Comment