Friday, November 11, 2022

WELCOME BACK TO READER ROUNDUP

 Good morning my lovely peeps, we are back for another round of reader round up. The first book of reader round up is a new author to me, lets check out VEXED BY VAMPIRES ( a paranormal woman's fiction book one) by Margo Bond Collins. 


                         BOOK BLURB 



 When I finally got around to dating after my jackhole of a husband walked out on my fortieth birthday, I thought personal grooming was my biggest worry. Until I went on a date with a vampire and ended up fighting for my life.

Now I see magic—and danger—everywhere I look, and somehow I’m the one responsible for keeping everyone safe.

It’s worse than being roped into heading a PTA committee. Well…maybe.

Anyway, whatever happened to finding a teenage girl to be the Chosen One?

Still, I’ll do whatever it takes to keep the people I love safe.

I might even be willing to protect that jackhole ex. But only if I have to.


                    MY REVIEW 
 Jenna is just trying to keep her kids from killing each other and being there for them. Until the day she finally goes on a blind date and things go from bad to worse. When her date tries to bite her, and she stabs him and well he turns into a big ole pile of goo. A group swoops in to help her and bang she is thrown into a world where your worst nightmares are real and your boss is a werewolf and you are the chosen one. How can a 42-year-old woman be the chosen one according to books and tv series the chosen one is usually a teenager. Now between slaying monsters and trying to get the PTA off her back she will keep the people she loves safe.

 Jenna is a single mom trying to keep her kids safe and happy, working hard until the day that everything changes. Her life does a 180-degree turn and now she is kicking butt and killing monsters.  Jenna is your typical mom she is feisty and ready for almost anything except PTA meetings. We really get to watch her become momma bear when her kids are in danger. But she is also really out of her element sometimes. We also are introduced to Anson Bentley the head of the secret organization that deals with the paranormal. He is well sexy, tall and broad-shouldered hunk of a man but he has secrets that he is hiding, which we do find out about in the book and he is a true alpha male. There are also fun secondary characters that will have you splitting a gut as you read. Emma, I think has to be my favorite she is your typical preteen obsessed about herself and her friends. But she is smarter than she looks and really does know what is going on around her even when she acts like she doesn't.

  This is the first book that I have read from this author, and I really enjoyed it. It is like Buffy for people over the age of 40. The characters are well written, and you will fall in love with them. This is one of those books where you can curl up and have it read in an evening. The story is fun and trust me you will laugh your way through Jenna's bumbling's through slayer training. So if you want a fun read between all your Christmas shopping check it out you will love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment